The Last Night

Syd'nee's POV

I pushed myself from Cleo's enchanted embrace, our lips aggressively ripping from one another. Someone had seen us. We'd been caught. I violently used the back of my hand to smear my burnished lips, attempting to rid of the previous rendezvous that had just taken place. I kept my eyes to the gleaming tiles, not daring to look Cleo in the eye. I suddenly felt a wave of insensibility wash over me expeditiously. Since when did I become so naive and gullible? Why in the hell did I allow Cleo- Prince Cleo of the United Kingdom to kiss me? Syd'nee Diallo. I was a nobody, did he not understand?

"Does anyone in this god forsaken castle not know the definition of privacy?!" Cleo roared out from above me, and I flinched, taking an involuntary step back and away from him. I caught his gaze for a split second before shaking my head and spinning on my tattered shoes to face whomever had caught us in our unexplained act.

It was nobody, but Sharonia.

I gulped.

"Well, well, well.. what do we have here?" She mused, bringing her hands to rest at her hips. Her eyes were filled with pure hatred as she stared me down, grounding her perfectly whitened teeth. She took an abundant step forward, as if contemplating her actions.

"I must say, I'm shocked...Never in a million years would I have expected this. The black slave with the white prince, caught in the act. How precious," Sharonia mockingly cooed whilst clasping her palms together in false admiration. "But please, don't stop on my watch; go right ahead! e Otsintsinto ɛyaw! (You stupid b**ch)" Sharonia shoved me back whilst spitting out her words, the last in our Ghanian tongue, obviously so that Cleo would not understand and try to intervene. I stumbled backwards, and was captured by Cleo's substantial arms circling around my dainty waist.

"I would have expected you to go for someone a lot more pleasing to the eyes, Prince Cleo! Not this.. this wench!" Sharonia now screamed up to Cleo, the bitterness and indignation now taking over her contorted features. Cleo glared, his jaw clenching with such ferociousness that I was sure he would explode. He spoke through clenched teeth while holding me still against his toned chest, with no intention of letting go. I continued to gaze up at him through my dark veil of lashes, unable to utter a singular word.

"Someone like who, Sharonia? You?" Cleo shook his head, while lowering his head to plant a kiss into my hair. "And to think Princesses were meant to be the most beautiful in all the Palace. I think they inherited the wrong Princess." Cleo spoke into my dark ringlets of hair before tugging me along beside him. I glanced over my shoulder to catch a glimpse of my reaction to find she had fallen to her knees, clearly never have been spoken to in such inconsequential manner.

"Oh, and by the way," Cleo halted his actions to suddenly change his course of action, leaving me to gaze down his back as he promenaded back towards Sharonia. Her orbs lit up as he began coming towards her,  as if half expecting a miracle to happen. "Don't you EVER touch my girl again, have you forgotten my name on the royalty scale stands higher than yours? I have connections in places unimaginable that would make your disappearance seem like it was your own intention. Oh, and she's far from a bitch. Sad I can't say the same for you." Sharonia's mouth plopped open as she gazed up at Cleo, and I elevated my brows in amazement, simultaneously. He understood Ghanaian..? I guess he had to acquire some knowledge of the language in order to be Prince... It was understandable, but still surprising. There went my plans of cursing him out in my forsaken native tongue. I remained silent, not knowing what would happen between them next. I remained hidden behind Cleo as they exchanged additional words soundlessly; their obvious motive was that they hadn't wanted me to tune in. It was silent for three winks until Sharonia rose onto her 5 inch designer heels, furiously red. She huffed, glancing over Cleo's shoulder to roll her brown hues at me before spinning on her heels to storm down the corridor, which was now filled with curious onlookers, mostly other Servants who had been assigned to clean on this level.