Fear Ignited

• Dedicated to Vanessa

Syn'dee's POV

I could feel myself shaking violently with anger as I digested Cleo's plan into my brain. Maybe if I knocked some sense into him, he would figure out that this was unheard of and inhumanly stupid. I began to pace myself to resist the prominent urge of picking up some old, sharped-edged, chipped stone and throwing it at his thick cranium. "Can you please hear me out for a second?" he pleaded, looking at me intensively- his emerald orbs twinkling with what looked like anguish. "I'll explain why I believe it's a good idea." I looked at him shocked that he would even believe that there was an explanation on why this was a good idea -- all the cons had already overruled the one pro. "GOD!" I exclaimed whilst throwing my arms into the air. "You pulled us down here trying to be this big god damned hero because for some reason you have this delusion that Sasha and I are these damsel in distresses, that need your help when we didn't even ask in the first place! And you mean to tell me your BIG elaborate plan is for us to pretend that none of this happened?! Well, you know what I find funny?" I gave him a sarcastic laugh, shaking my head as I glared up at him through my dark veil of lashes.  

"I've been doing that for FIVE years already! But thanks for the smart-ass plan, Cleo!" I finished. I was panting hard allowing the heat inside of me to cool down. I stared at him while the shock and hurt began to mask his handsome features. To anyone else who hadn't heard what I had said, it would have looked as though I had slapped him hard against the cheek. My eyes quickly averted to the floor before shame and guilt punched me hard in the stomach, making me want to double over and hurl out the little food that was left in there. Wanting to get out of the horrific scenery set out in front of me, I begun to run as fast as my long legs could take me, slamming the storage room door behind me. I heard my name being called from the distance, but I was too far ahead that I could have been wrong, and it could have merely been the sound of wind whisking at my face. As I approached my room, I paused to suck in all the fresh air that my lungs could allow, as I placed my right palm on the cool hard panel of the doorway, leaning on it for support. What had I just happened back there? It was so out of character for me. All he was trying to do was help and how did I repay him, by lashing out? 'Why is it  every time I'm around him I don't think and just say what's on my mind?' I exasperated heavily in confusion, letting the air tickle my nose. I began to think of Cleo and how devilishly handsome he was.. yet something felt weird inside of me as I let out a burst of giggles- clearly looking like a mad woman to anyone who dared pass.

But then it hit me.

I liked Cleo more than any other man I'd ever met and I could easily fall heads over heels in love with him.  He was the first man that'd ever treated me with respect, like I was actually a human being who had a sole purpose on this earth. He made me smile, and gave me overly-sized butterflies in my stomach and that scared me more than ever because that meant he could hurt me in more ways others couldn't. What was wrong with me? 

Prince Cleo's POV

I begun to chase after, calling out her name. I heatedly run my thick fingers through my dark hair whilst sighing, mentally kicking myself in the gut. Why was I such a damn idiot sometimes? I thought my idea was pure gold, solid, even. But when I saw that look of anger and.. and hurt run through her features.. I'd known I'd messed up- big time. I longed to find her to make things right again. When I had finally caught up she was standing outside her room breathing heavily, just by the threshold.  I slowly advanced towards her, wanting to be as discreet as possible- hands out ready to hold her, catch her, embrace her. I accidentally stepped on a weakening tile that made an outlandish creak, causing her to spin around suddenly, her back braced against the closed door. Her brown orbs were filled with sadness, and despair and I cringed knowing the reason was because of me. " Why are you here?" Her voice was feeble and soft as she abruptly gazed down to her tattered shoes, capturing her lower lip between her pearly whites whilst waiting for my answer. 

"I had to make sure you were okay." I blurted without thinking. Why was it every time I was around her I didn't think, just said what was on my mind? 'This girl is going to drive me insane' I thought whilst swallowing thickly. She blinked while still keeping her gaze to her feet, as if she was expecting more to come out of me. When it didn't, she slowly looked up to meet my eyes, browns connecting with greens. I instantly cracked a smile, hoping to adept the tension. It must've worked, because she shook her head and spun back around on her feet, facing the door and away from me. I could the amusement laced within her angelic voice as she tried to keep up with this facade. 

I found it pretty cute, really. 

"Well, I'm not okay and I don't think I'll ever be! Now if you don't mind, there are things I need to attend to before the sun sets." And with that, she turned the brass knob sliding into her room, without so much as a final look behind her. 

Damn she's beautiful.

------------

A/N 

So we've kinda started school and its been super busy, but now we're ready to dedicate our selves to the story. I'm sorry that this chapter is short I just wanted to give you guys something to read before we really get back onto it so yah can't wait to start. Thanks for everything! Hope you liked it. Comment, and VOTE! We love when you do. Give us some feedback. 

s&M