Beautiful Beginnings

Syd'nee's POV

"Hey, are you okay?" A slightly frustrated, yet feminine voice came from behind me. I rotated my head to catch a glimpse of a compellingly gorgeous girl reaching out her slender hand with perfect cuticles and oval shaped nails, annoyance plastered all over her features. I rapidly glanced down to view mine, seeing that they were scratched and short, not nearly as glamorous as hers. I grasped her hand as she pulled me back onto my feet. I quickly dusted off the dirt from my new uniform as I took in her petite form. She studied me waiting for my response; her question had seemed so genuine that I had opened my mouth ready to tell her everything that had happened, but decided against it thinking she had probably only asked out of courtesy. 

"Yes," I lied, but my voice had given me away all too quickly, coming out low and raspy. confusion plastered onto the unknown girls face as she had just taken notice of my bloodshot orbs. I quickly turned my head from her, feeling awkward under her skeptic analyzation. 

"You don't seem okay," she concluded, sympathy filling her voice. Ugh.... I was tired of people feeling sorry for me! I didn't want to feel pitied, why couldn't people just let me be? I'm not some damsel in distress! "I'm perfectly fine," I huffed. "now if you don't mind, I've got work to do." I began to stride off, not knowing which direction I was headed. I heard her melodious voice call out to me. "Hey, why don't you come with me? You can get washed up in my room." I turned around; who the hell was this girl?  For the first time I took in what she was wearing- it was safe to rule out that she wasn't just another fellow maid. First off, her outfit seemed too expensive to be bought on a maid's salary or on another other labor workers salary; and secondly, she wasn't sporting the burgundy and white uniform that all the maids were required to wear. She looked to be around my age, and way too posh to be working here. This must have been the girl Cleo was talking about. She was more prettier than I imagined....way prettier. I gawked at her, no doubt my mouth hung open. In response she laughed, a hard one at that; it didn't help much either that her laugh sounded of angels singing. 

"OMG....you are so cute!" She breathed out, pausing to catch her breath and compose herself. "I definitely want you as my personal maid if i'm going to be staying here," she giggled. And with that, she grabbed onto my wrist dragging me down the hall and into her room.

Prince Cleo's POV

My green optics overlooked the now dying crowd of civilians that once stood along the iron barricaded gates. A small chuckle escaped my lips as I noticed the over-sized leopard print panty which marked 'Prince-Zone Only' latched onto the iron bar. A hand slapped onto my shoulder bringing me out of my current reverie. "Yo bro!" Isaiah leaned against the balcony adjacent from me, his back placed against the railing as he juggled a handful of peanuts within his palm, constantly leaning his head back to chuck them into his mouth. I nodded to him in acknowledgement, knowing that he was most likely sent to look for me because the royal dinner was about to begin shortly. Intermission was only 15 minutes long which gave the guests time to get refreshments and stretch their legs before the  opening dinner ceremony. 

"I see you have some fans..." he chuckled nodding his head into the direction of the big panty. I shook my head in disgust not in the mood to entertain Izzy's childish behaviour. 

"Did you know I was supposed to get married to Chantel too?" I asked lowly, my eyes trained onto the city's skyline; witnessing the neon lights down below which lit up the late night corner shops and the engines of the red city buses which drove in opposite directions from one another, leaving a trail of clouded fumes behind them. I felt Isaiah go rigid from beside me, a frown suddenly appearing on his features while shaking his head slowly. "No Cleo, I didn't," he continued, a genuine tone lacing his words as he furrowed his brows. "I swear." My mind traced back to the conversation I had with the unknown maiden from before; realizing that I left her there, I turned my head back seeing that she was gone. She must have left before Isaiah came. I need to get out of here too, it was probably best to head back into the palace and talk to Chantel. I needed to know what she was thinking. 

"I believe you Izzy, no hard feelings. I just can't believe Mom would hide something like this from me..." I sighed, rubbing at my forehead tiredly. I turned my head to glance through the open french doors leading back into the palace behind me. "I needa speak to Chantel..." I mumbled, side glancing to Isaiah already fully knowing he had heard me. His head snapped up violently in the corner of my eye, and I could see the growing smirk illuminating off of his face.

I was beginning to make my way towards the guest quarters, when a dainty figure appeared in front of me from around the corner....Mom. I instantaneously let out an agitated sigh. Exhilaration and contentment was written all over her face, as she pulled me into a constraint hug, my arms stiffly at my sides," Cleo..." Her emerald eyes boring into mines as she searched for my acclamation on this whole situation - she was extremely delighted about this crazy circumstance that it was beyond me to show her my true emotions- I gave her my prominent smile the best I could. I was always told that I was a atrocious actor; but she returned the smile, and I knew that I had passed her test. " Oh, baby, this is going to be the best wedding this country will ever see!" She chirped,cupping my face. She started babbling on about all the things she had to do before the wedding, I saw her face glowing with youthfulness, the same one that had been extinguished after my father's death, and I knew without delay that I had to go through with this.Not for me, but for her.  

A/N

SCHOOL IS FINALLY FINISH!!! And we are hoping that we will get through with at least one chapter per week. We have disclosed a photo of Chantel's character (Lucy Hale) on the top of your page. Thanks for all of you guys support, and you know what to do. 

                                                                                                                                                                Love,                                                                                                                                                                                      S&M                                                                                                                                                                                        xox