Opening Crests

Syn'dee's POV

"No, that's all wrong!" I heard Sharonia wail at her personal maids, myself included.

"This dress looks so hideous, I wouldn't even give this to a poor peasant who had not a damn thing to wear! Ugh, did I not tell you wenches that I wanted to feel and look like a million frickin' dollars?! This looks like something a dog would shit on. Cleo will never love me in this!" She continued with an exaggerating sigh, dramatic tears welling up in her dark brown orbs.

It was hard for me not to laugh at the fact that Sharonia was trying so hard to impress Cleo, a man that happens to be very clumsy, a terrible flirt and joker, but yet still manage to be devilishly handsome. If only she really knew. I was brought back to last nights events as well as this mornings and for some reason I was unable to hold it any longer; a small giggle released from the confines of my lips as I quickly tried to cover it with a cough suddenly remembering where I was, before I was exposed.

But what it was too late. Sharonia's eyes quickly found mine. Oh shit.

She fiercely glared into them as though she could turn me into shameful ashes. My gaze rapidly flitted down to my beat down shoes, hoping, just wishing she would let it go- it was just a giggle; but as I saw her glossy designer stiletto's come into perspective, I knew I couldn't have chosen a better day to be anymore wrong. She harshly cupped my face between her acrylic nails, tilting my chin up so we could look each other in the eyes. I felt the warmth of my own blood run down from my flesh and into the palm of her moisturised hands.

"I'm sorry, is this a joke to you because if you want me to laugh I can easily arrange something that would suffice as such." She retorted, venom laced within her voice as her orbs now gazed my slender frame up and down.

"You would never harm me while the Prince is here, you would never jeopardize that 'connection' you both have for each other. Believe it or not, the Prince actually cares for some of us around here. Not everything revolves around you."

Silence.

And at that moment she let go of my chin and laughed, a real genuine laugh. I swallowed thickly, not knowing where the hell I'd suddenly mustered up that amount of courage to speak back to the king's daughter.

"You think the Prince would actually save you peasants? You clean the muck from my shoe for a living, the Prince could care less about a bunch of uneducated, unregulated servants. He wouldn't even look your way." She was now on her knees, attempting to catch little breath she could muster. I swallowed yet again, my own eyes beginning to well with tears. It hurt. But, as much as I know I'd hate to admit it out loud.. She was right. Sharonia was right.

I gazed towards the window pane at the opposite side of the room -my back now facing Sharonia- fury now blinding the pain and sorrow building inside my body ready to explode. I wanted to tell her so badly how the Prince slept in my bed last night and not hers, but I realized it was probably nothing to brag about--- not if I wanted to get the Prince and myself into deep trouble. Plus, I had already promised to myself that I would have nothing to do with the Prince and this.... whatever this relationship was called.

"Syn'dee, as much as I love your comedic self. I would rather you start my dress now. Go! Shoo!" Sharonia demanded with her signature fake smile whilst standing back onto her feet.

With my arms stiffly lowered to my sides, I began to feel my fist curl into a tight ball, grasping wantongly at the tattered dress. "Of course, your highness." I said with a smile not fully reaching my eyes, either. Well, what do you know.

I exasperated a sigh, relief washing through me as I swiftly spun on my heels and promenade from the hell hole. I took light, dainty strides toward the sewing room, not wanting to make Sharonia even more upset when I heard a series of resounding ragged sobs coming my way. Not even a minute later, I was pushed on the floor by two bodies, a male and female, presumably. "What the f-" I quickly retreated, upon realization that it was Sasha and Prince Cleo. Oh, Joy!

"Get up and come with us!" His husky voice was rough and demanding, and I found myself inching away in fear. Why was he always demanding things from me? I sure as hell didn't sign a contract.

"Excuse me?!" I whispered harshly, trying to understand what was happening. "Are you trying to get me in even more shit? I will go nowhere with you, I was already late for my chores because of you!"

To my left stood Sasha, and at that moment I gasped, taking in her unstable looking form. Sasha's slender physique was shaking, no- quivering in apparent fear and distraught as she gazed down to meet my orbs, tears coating her cheeks like sticky glue. Her small arms wrapped around her chest protectevely whilst shifting onto either of her heels clearly uncomfortable.

"Sasha? What hap-" I was unable to finish for at that moment I was picked up by my waist and shoved over Cleo's shoulder, oh so gracefully. Notice the sarcasm.

"Ugh!" I yelped trying to catch my breath that had winded me not just by his action, but also the sexiness of his voice; I felt the heat of blood rushing to my cheeks. Although, it had slightly frightened me, I couldn't avoid the slight pang I felt in my chest.

"Does it look like it's the time to play Sherlock Holmes Detective? We have to go now!" He said as he hastily brought us to our quarters, everything around me a complete blur. What the hell was going on?

--
A/N: Sorry for the long wait everyone! We've been real busy but haven't abandoned the story, promise! More to come soon! If any mistake, feel free to correct.
-s&M