Homecoming Queen Pt. 1

Syd'nee's POV 

I was completely unaware of the fact that Dorcie stood behind me. It wasn't until I heard the resounding authoritative voice echo in the shell of my ear. Her rough hand roughly clasping onto my shoulder as she spun me around to face her. I was well aware that what I'd just seen in the room was something that wasn't meant to be shared, nor shown by anyone but her. I was ready to plead for my very life, until her grip became looser and sadness suddenly consumed her hazel orbs. 

"Is she okay?" She asked in a hushed whisper as her voice cracked, barley audible to comprehend. I nodded soundlessly, unable to rely on my words at the moment. She led me toward the living room, small sniffles engulfing us both as she began to explain what seemed as if she'd practiced for the past decade. As if she knew the secret would soon spill out. As she were preparing to come back to the palace and take what was rightfully hers. Who was rightfully hers. But she had no right. Not anymore... I reminisced on what I'd seen in the room. Dorcie spoke into the shell of my ear, which quickly drew me back down to earth. 

"She was beautiful, wasn't she?" 

"Is still, you mean." I snapped, slightly growing irritated but mostly frustrated as to why she had so many photographs in that one room. 

Dorcie begins to choke up, her eyes glistening as she rubbed her palms together in clear nervousness underneath her chin; avoiding my piercing gaze with a shake of her shoulders. 

"I was your age when it all happened..-" Dorcie started, her eyes casting downfall.

"You know he's been raping her and all you have to frigging say is you were my age when it all happened?! I could care less about how old you were you selfish bitch! Look at how nice you're living, in your... your damn luxurious million dollar home! How the hell do you sleep at night?!" I hadn't expected to spasm out like that and cut her off, but I wanted her to feel the guilt wash over her like a tidal wave knowing that it was me who had to raise her child in her absence. 

"You know, we all thought you were!...." I trailed off, as I witnessed the expression on her face. Her hazel pupils dialated as her teeth gritted furiously as if daring me to continue. She abruptly stood up, yanking me with her by the shoulders as she vehemently shook them.

"HE DID WHAT?! That asshole! That's not what we agreed to! raped WHO EXACTLY?!" She bellowed into my face, shaking my shoulders some more. I suddenly felt a surge of anger ignite throughout my veins at Dorcie's discombobulated appearance. She wasn't honestly this naive to everything that's been going on, has she? Certainly she's been keeping tabs... right?

"Who is we, and the same person we're both talking about here!" I gave her a look of disbelief before shrugging her palms off my lean shoulders. "Sasha!" I nodded my head back to the room I'd just been into, remembering the peculiar images mounted, framed and decorated all over the walls. From age 1, to 18, Dorcie had pictures of Sasha all around the room. Not only that, but the sole fact that Dorcie was in the pictures with her up until she what seemed to be Sasha's 8th birthday. Every photograph after that seemed to be taken in secret, as in without Sasha's knowing. 

"It's time I told you what's really going, Syd'nee... please, sit. Just hear me out!" Dorcie's hazel orbs glistened with advocacy, and i gradually began to lower my knees until my bottom connected with the plush self-made pillows. 

"I'm listening..." I folded my arms across my chest, ever so often gazing around the room for a telephone just in case I found out Dorice was an warped psychopath and I needed to call 9-1-1. 

I spotted none. I was screwed beyond all odds. 

"It all started nine years ago, in the Palace you know now and have labored at for years. At the time, there was a King- A'yo, of course... and his Queen...Vanessa." At this point Dorcie's eyes had fallen into her lap as if there was some sort of hidden message behind that sentence I was meant to decode. 

I  waited for her to continue. 

"I was married to A'yo, but our relationship... it just wasn't working. He was a completley different man to me behind closed doors, than he was when he was in a political meeting with a bunch of pompous leaders," At this point, Dorcie's orbs had gazed up to meet my own, her lower lip quivering softly. 

"He... he never loved me. I see that now. And I saw it back then, too. So I did what any spitefeul, insatiable person would do. I cheated. And I knew exactly who I wanted in my bed." I stayed watching Dorcie with my mouth hung. What the hell was she saying to me? This woman... This woman in front of me was Sasha's mother? And most importantly, if she was married to A'yo didn't that mean she was...

"Hold up... you and A'yo were once married? Doesn't that technically make you...Queen Vanessa? The very same Queen Vanessa that was supposed to be dead?" I suddenly lunged from the plush loveseat to fall onto my knees, bowing my head in respect as my widened orbs scanned my feet beneath me, hoping she wouldn't lash out and order me to the dealth penalty for the back talking I did earlier. It was out of character, even for me. 

"Syd'nee... get up." She respired while placing both her palms onto my now sweaty, lean shoulders. "Let me finish telling you this first... It really is time I let someone know what occured so many years ago. I can't keep this to myself much longer." I nodded whilst keeping my head lowered, feeling a tad bit silly as I raised myself back onto the couch. 

"As I was saying," She continued, and I could literally feel the small glare piercing through my skull as if she dared me to intrerupt once more. 

"I saught out sanctuary in the Slave's chambers', bringing the two girls that A'yo and I had together there day in and night, much to the royalties that were living upstairs' dismay. I was a compassioniate Queen, y'know? I didn't like the idea of A'yo keeping humans, much less his own kind down in that god forsaken place." 

"It reeks like shit," I added in unconciously before pursing my lips. Dorcie smiled slightly, her nod causing her honey ringlets to sway with ease as I released my lips from their hold hesitantly. Since when did I become so damn chatty? 

"That it did. But that isn't all- Once I'd left my twins Sharonia-Kaylee and Shawhna-Kristal in the care of the only friend and person I trusted with my girls, Marie. She would watch the twins for me whilst I ran my daily earrands and yes, she was a servant. We had plently of helpers that were of higher authority than Marie. but I didn't trust them. Marie was like a second mother to the girls, and she reminded me so much of my late grandmother. I remember when she tought the twins how to french braid each other's relaxed hair..." Dorcie... Or shall I say Queen Vanessa smiled sadly before continuing. I still could't believe what the hell I was hearing. Sharonia and Shawhna were both daughter's of Dorcie. 

A:N: Guys, Syd'nee and Prince Cleo will have some chapters right after Homecoming Queen Pt.2! And can you beleive that Queen Vanessa isn't dead after all? 

We've enclosed a picture of Sasha's Character, (Stephanie Rose Bertram) in the side if you're on the web, and on the top of the page if you're on mobile!