Darkened Souls

Syd'nee's P.O.V

Basking in his ambiance and easily creating each other's warmth, I slowly felt my breath hitch deep into the confines of my throat as Cleo edged closer towards me, the chill of the air turning his breath into a puff of soft frost. I shut my lids gently whilst awaiting for his lips to connect with mine. But I felt nothing. I squinted an eye open to see what was keeping the Prince, only to watch the color drain from his face.

Oüblèe's P.O.V

As I was rushing away, swiping of the remain of my midnight snack from my kinky facial hair;I hear the resounding smack of wood hitting flesh before the audible bash of a body hitting the washout tiles. I instinctively snap my head up towards the female servant's quarter where the sound was originally emitted from--something was up. I abruptly flickered my gaze to the timbered analog clock, the ticking soon diverting my attention from the commotion until the hushed whispers of vexation suddenly raised my awareness. The shredded sole of my tattered shoes thrashing violently against my heels as hurriedly I ran through the darkened hall towards the scene. I heard a low husky voice that I gradually realize was our foreign guest himself, Prince Cleo. I haltingly pushed my ear towards the door yearning to recognize the distinctive incognito voice. I heard rushed whispers of what appeared to be two people having an intense conversation.

Without realizing, my body gradually began to lean into the door, causing it to push forward creating a series of intense creaks. I wasn't sure that I'd been heard, and in that moment I took it as a chance to peak my head into the darkened murky room-- my eyes growing as wide as it could go at the unbelievable sight before me. The Prince with... Syd'nee? But how? It'd been at least 24 hours since they'd met, how are they already a thing? I suddenly felt the urge to stalk in, grab the Prince and punch him square in the face. I clenched my fists slowly as the fury began to consume me. I'd always had a thing for Syd'nee, she was one of the only maids in the entire palace that treated me as if I were an actual human being. Not to mention, the fact that she was stunningly beautiful. What does the Prince have, that I don't?

I took precaution, and decided to make my way from the room, already growing sick to my stomach. I didn't bother closing the door behind me, and clenched my jaw at the sound of heavy footsteps lightly jogging after me. Cleo. He roughly clasped onto my shoulder, halting my movement. I stayed silent, my back facing him as he cleared his throat.

"Look, I uh..-"

"No. Just forget it. I'll forget by morning anyway." I interrupted him, before glancing over my shoulder, my african accent thick, strong and laced with sarcasm as I spat out, "Your majesty." before leaving and retreating back to my rightful quarters.

Prince Cleo's P.O.V

I'd messed up. I'd messed up, big time. I placed my forehead against the cool wooden door as I shut it behind me gently, once retreating back into Syd'nee's room. I was surprised with all the commotion we'd made we hadn't been able to wake one soul. I felt a small palm against my lower back, causing me to tense and roughly drag away from her touch. "Is everything alright?" She asked, as if my facial expression hadn't revealed enough. I was suddenly upset, upset that she would ask such a thing. She wasn't the one who had to deal with Royal responsibilities , she knew nothing about having a title to uphold. Afterall, she was just a maid.

"No, no everything is not alright!" I aggressively whispered, running my fingers through my dampened hair roughly. She flinched, taking a considerable step back, hurt and confusion the only thing plastered against her face. I fought the urge to comfort her, instantly regretting my words. I hardly knew this woman, we'd laid in bed for one night and were suddenly attached at the hip. I felt protective over her, like I needed to make sure she was okay, and that no-one would ever cause harm to her.

"Well it isn't my fault, You're the one who stupidly decided to come into my room, remember?!" She'd whispered back, her arms folding against her chest defensively. She scoffed, puffing her cheeks and scrunching her nose in a way that I couldn't help but find sexy. My features softened whilst gazing down at her, my strides slow and powerful as I made my way towards her. She stiffened, her gaze instantly moving towards the window, and away from me, watching the sun glide over the horizon. I gently opened my arms, expecting her to fall into them. When she didn't, I released a frustrated sigh. This girl was stubborn.

"If you're expecting a hug, you've come to the wrong maid." She mumbled, still gazing out the barred window. My lips tugged at that, finding humor in her apparent pain, before snaking my muscular arms around her slender frame, pulling her close to me. I felt her head shift and gaze towards the clock, before gasping and attempting to squirm herself free of my embrace.

"Shoot! Why didn't you tell me it was half past 6?!" She scrambled toward her wardrobe which I assumed only consisted of maid uniforms. She hastily snatched a black and white uniform between her fingers, and the black polished shoes with the familiar initials of 'G.R' which I'd seen on the door to A'yo's study. I sluggishly scratched my scalp, blinking a few times in confusion to her madness.

"Uh, sorry?" I suggested, before she manically rushed her way over toward me, clasping onto my arm and tugging me towards the door. I parted my lips to protest, but before I could utter a singular word, she'd slammed the door right in my face. How polite.

For some reason I was in a giddy mood as I walked towards the King's office, but stopped dead in my tracks as I saw King Ay'o dragging one of the maids, Sasha I believe her name was, towards an eerily looking shed that look more like a house than anything. Sasha was bashing around in King Ay'o's arms as King Ay'o swung her around to face him;I gasped when I saw the blood gushing down her arms; she immediately stopped as I saw her look straight at me.When she realized who I was, there was plead in her eyes. I began to run.

-----------------

A/N: Do you think Cleo's running away from Sasha and Ay'o or towards?