Meeting of the Past

Prince Cleo's POV

What had seemed to have the earmarks of the best day of my life soon turned south as I was half drawled, half lugged down the extravagant red carpeted staircase of the palace by my mother. Her manicured nails softly constraining my wrist in a tight clasp, causing me to release a slight grunt. 

"...I know, It's been ages!..." I heard an angelic voice, that sounded sweetly familiar; the same exact voice that had consistently brought me happiness, joy, and heartache. Her succulent amber locks cascading over her shoulders gently, as her porcelain skin as white as snow glistened radiantly under the vividness of the glass chandelier. 'I'd seen this girl's face before.'  

"Leo!" She pounced onto me, wrapping her svelte arms around the base of my neck, nearly winding me. I cautiously snaked my arms around her small waist, shooting my mom a look of bewilderment, mouthing to her soundlessly. Who the hell was this chick? She shimmied herself out of my grasp with a jubilant grin plastered onto her admittedly attractive features. She coiled her fingers into her palm before jumping into the air, gifting me with a so not welcoming punch to my shoulder. 

Ouch.  Wait. A blow to the shoulder and calling me by infamous childhood nickname? There was only one girl who I'd let do both and still walk away without a single hair mislaid on her head. 

"Tay-Tay?" My voice raised an octave whilst dipping my head to gape at the beautiful woman I'd once remembered as a pimple-faced girl who loved watching Cartoon Network in her dirt stained pyjamas  and playing bey-blades with the other royal kids, Isaiah and I included. Princess Chantel was the first friend I had ever made as a child. She made me realize that people could actually be kind-hearted and want to be your friend without having any malicious intentions. Who didn't just want to use me for the wealth my family had possessed, and all the cars my Father had then owned in the grandiose storage located beside the Palace, filled with a drastic number of foreign cars, yachts and jets.

Her father was the king of the French Republic, and had been best friends with mine. After my father died, Chantel and I stopped trying to contact one another, as her father didn't want her getting intermingled in her past.

"In the flesh!" She exclaimed with a delighted smile, whilst pulling back from my embrace. She smiled up at me jubilantly, and it took all the strength I had not to wheeze. This girl right here was my best friend. I quickly wrapped my arms around her, hoisting her off the ground into a tight spinning hug. She let out a squeal of delight as she punched me on the back to let her down. I put her down  lightly as if she were the most precious thing I ever owned. " Leo....you're still that.... charming.... playful.... handsome little boy that I remember..." She self-confessed, trying to catch her breath.

I stood there gawking at her. Puberty hit her like a truck; she had grown up very nice."I....I mean....you, look .... handsome... I mean beautiful as well," I awkwardly pointed out. She let out a sweet, heavenly laugh that was quickly interrupted by a  loud howl of laughter. 

"Leo sure is charming," Isaiah mimicked putting both hands to his heart, and staring off lovingly, " too bad he can't give a proper compliment." Isaiah laughed off while playfully hitting me on the shoulders.

"Oh my goodness, Izzy! You've grown up so much," she commentated as she ran over to Isaiah to give him an enormous hug.

" And Tay- Tay, you are looking as gorgeous as ever, I truly must say, " Isaiah retorted while kissing both of her cheeks. I felt a tinge of jealousy hit me mildly in my chest as the two interacted. "You might even grow to be more handsome than your brother over there," she jokingly whispered in Isaiah's ear, as her rich, melodious laughter filled the room. 

I looked over at my mother, a gratified smile filling her face. When both our orbs met she gave me an encouraging smile, and than left for the other room dragging Isaiah alongside with her; it was then that I realized why Chantel was truly here. I had totally forgot about the many years before, and all the promises and bonds that I had made. And one of them was going to be disclosed tonight, the night I become king!

***********

A/N
We disclosed a picture of Prince Isaiah's character (River Viiperi) at the side of the story!

This chapter is kind of short, but there will be longer ones to come.So Cleo has had his point of view twice now, but don't worry will be going back to Ghana in the next chapter to see what is happening there! Hope you like this chapter and don't forget to comment and vote if you do.