Bad Romance Pt.2

Prince Cleo's POV

I stared fixedly at my appearance in the towering mirror adjacent to me as the royal tailor, Patricia absentmindedly continued to fix the crisp collar of my white button up, a sewing needle placed tightly between her thin lips as pure concentration lined the wrinkles in her forehead. I heaved a slight sigh whilst gazing back into the mirror, only to have my focus drawn back to Patricia who now stopped her actions to gaze up at me, quizzically.

"Is something the matter, your highness?" She slid the needle through her lips before placing it back into the ball of thread she had set on the chair next to us. I shook my head timidly, still taking in my features without a word.

"Then why sigh? Are you not happy for your coronation?" She questioned delicately, her old knowledgable eyes filled with genuine concern. "No, it's not that... i just, I think... I-i think i really need a haircut. Don't you?" I grinned down at her whilst flashing all my pearly whites, to which she laughed gently in response, shaking her head.

"You look dashing just the way you are." Patricia was an older woman who had worked for the royals ever since Izzy and I were born. She was the official tailor, and always made sure we looked 'dashing' and 'spiffy' as she liked to put it.

"Turn," She ordered and I resisted the urge to sigh once more. I could never get used to standing in one place for too long. I spun to my right as she continued to tailor and trim my full white coronation's tuxedo. I still couldn't believe that today I would become King. I would officially rule the entire 64.1 Million population of the United Kingdom, all on my own.

Was I excited? hell yeah.

Was I ready? hell no.

"Knock, Knock." Both Pat and I turned our heads to gaze at the door, mother peaking her beautiful face through the crack as she grinned profusely. Patricia smoothed down my shoulders whilst standing on her stool before stepping down to do an old fashioned curtsey my mother's way.

"Your majesty." Mother nodded in return, smiling at me all the while.

"Patricia, do you mind if i share a word with my son?"

In a haste, she gathered all her hemming equipment into her advantageous, evening back whilst giving my mother an incredulous look.

"Of course, Of course!" And with that she scurried past the both of us, shutting the cherry wooden door behind us soundlessly. I turned to watch mother, her back faced toward me as she used a dainty finger to peep through the window, gazing down at the civilians as they all clambered into the palace. Physicians, Attorney's, Governors, Presidents, Prime Minister's, King's, Queen's, and Princess' from all over Europe, North America, South America and Asia were expected to be here for the coronation.

No pressure, Cleo.

"You don't know how proud I am of you, Son.." She moved from the curtains, slowly walking up to me as she lovingly grasped my face within her hold, sending me a warm smile. I smiled back in return, pushing all thoughts of nervousness away. "Although at times, I don't show it, or say it, I love you- and I want the best for my little Prince- I mean, King," She continued, shaking my head with each word she spoke. "I remembered when I married your father, all the commotion and expectancy that came with it, everyone depending on him and I to rule and order the entire nation of Northwestern Europe..." She sighed, while bringing her warm lips to my temple, giving me a soft kiss.