Lurking Evils

Syd'nee's P.O.V

"Ladies," King A'yo's voiced was laced with venom as he rubbed his large palms together, creating an uncomfortable melody as his fleshed rubbed against flesh in replacement of the eerie silence. I swallowed thickly, slowly inching towards Sasha so that I could jab her behind me, protectively. A'yo must've noticed because he grinned, skinning his tawny colored teeth- obviously this man had been consuming way too much coffee in his earlier days. "I would like to introduce you to Prince Cleo of Hampstead in the United Kingdom." A'yo spoke through his clenhed teeth as he gazed down towards us both, mockingly twirling his hand in a way that caused the Prince to chuckle. My brown orbs instantly retreated back to him, now suddenly remembering the reason we'd been caught in the first place.

Him.

If I hadn't moaned at his sudden arua, Sasha and I wouldn't have been in this mess. Although, I'd noticed his orbs had never left mine, and even though the only light illuminating the foyer came from the sky-scraping french windows, I could make out each precise feature of his physique. Cleo. The six-foot-four God incarnate. With fair hair and green eyes that you could get lost in. His lips were pink and plump, and his face- oh, his face- was just perfect. But the sudden hate for him washed over me like a tidal wave, causing me to crinkle my brows just a smudge.

"Girls, you know that you are suppose to be in bed at this hour. Sasha, please meet me back here in 20 minutes when I am done speaking to Cleo. Since you're awake, I have a lot of things that you need to do before the sun rises.." The fake genorosity of his voice was obvious to me, but I had a feeling that the Prince beleived it was geninune. What an Idiot. I knew what he was going to do to her because it had been done to me many times before.

"...Unless Syn'dee would like to fill in for her?" He knew I would say yes. He knew I loved and cared for Sasha, and would do almost anything for her. it was just him using his munipilative ways, once again wrapping me around his finger like a vine. My chocolate orbs flickered back to watch Cleo's puzzled expression for just a second, before faltering to the ground.

"Sasha seems to be tired right now, but I don't mind filling in for her." I spoke with feigned enthusiasm, gradually gazing up to nod at Sasha to go. She looked mortified and parted her lips as to object, but I stopped her with stern glare, knowing she wouldn't disobey. I then turned to the Prince and curtsied, easily noticing the look on his face- he knew I was in trouble and wanted to apologize for whatever foolish reason, but I knew he thought that the punishment were more "chores". Once again, idiot. I resisted the urge to scoff and roll my eyes.

Cleo's P.O.V

The King and I promenaded through the halls, chatting and catching up as if reunited since centuries ago. Correction, he was, in all his drunken glory. Everytime he'd ask a question or attempt to make the slightest of conversation, I'd turn it down with a nochalant shrug, hum, or sigh. I wasn't in the mood for his intoxicated humor. I shoved my hands into the depths of my denim trousers whilst gazing around the corridor, admiring the ancient architecture when I first heard it. "Shh!" My head instintictevly hoisted in distinction to hearing hushed whispers and what seemed to be faint footsteps scramble across the freshly waxed tiles. In the solitary of the moonlight, it appeared to be two young women. They were whispering harshly to one another, as if a pair of 10 year olds who'd been caught stealing from the cookie jar. My lips twitched slightly at the remarkably flimsy joke, prior to advancing closer ultimately forgetting all about the Royal bastard who stood a mere inches from me. My attention was plastered, centralized, and enchanted onto the two women.

The shorter women, who appeared to be a youthful damsel, played the convincing role of cute and innocent as she merly stood behind the older looking women, her doll cinnamon like orbs watching us approach with caution. My electric green orbs suddenly flickered toward the much older developed one and I coudn't resit the urge to lick my lips as she was the exact opposite of her accomplice. Curvaceous and sexy, was what she was. My mind gradually drifted off, suddenly wondering who made such a provactive noise- more like moan, and what had caused my heartbeat to accelerate. I crinkled my brows silently, not wanting to speak just yet. I was sure Ay'o had mentioned to me in his study that the servants were meant to be in their quarters by ten. 'I must warn them about the king's arrival before--' my thoughts were abruptly cut short by the resounding, slurred voice of A'yo. Crap. I'd forgotten he was directly behind me.