The Enemy of my Enemy- Peter Parker

pairing: peter parker and gn!villian!sidekick! reader
summary: you're the sidekick of mysterio, peter's the sidekick to iron man. you fight on opposite sides but maintain a close friendship. peter gets badly injured but wants to give u a birthday gift.
genre: fluff n angst w/ some weird tension
warnings: mentions injuries, non-detailed descriptions of injuries, mentions blood, swearing, the ending is pretty angsty sorry
a/n: it was my birthday on the 10th lol so that's where the inspo is from idk why i made it angsty tho lmk if u want a part 2 for this i would be happy to write one :)

The battle had worn on far longer than any other before. Peter had gotten badly beaten and so had you. You shouldn't have been paying attention to how badly Peter was injured and neither should he, yet both of you found yourself doing so. You fought on opposite sides but held the same positions. Peter fought with the Avengers but mostly alongside Iron Man while you only stuck with Mysterio. No one cared for you quite as Quentin did and maybe that's why you found yourself acquainting with Peter. He had almost all you didn't and your envy came to grow into a friendship. Sort of.

You always fought against each other. Your mentors were ruthless against one another but there was a familiarity between you and Peter. Of course, if either mentor had found out about it, something bad would probably happen. At least that's what you both assumed. So, you kept quiet about each other and only spoke to each other about the other. And maybe that's why Peter knew about your birthday. (And you knew his but you weren't going to tell him, you're a villain after all.) 

You don't know what went through your head when you ran across the battlefield but you couldn't focus on anything other than Peter's bloodied, bruised, and scratched up face. You could see his arm was broken as well. "Spider-man!" You call out as you sprint toward him. You dig your heels into the ground as you try to slow yourself down but you fall over Peter, tumbling a few feet away from him. "Fuck," You breathe out before regaining your footing. You get onto your knees and pull Peter close. "Hey, hey," You pull his mask fully off before cupping his face.

"What are you doing- Mr. Stark and Mysterio will-"

"Peter, you're really hurt and Quentin, he- that stuff that got into your suit, it stops your health regeneration. And- and your arm..." You trail off as your eyes scan over his arm and you can see the bone sticking out. "Oh my god, Pete." You hook your arms under his and begin to stand.

"What are you doing? If they find us-"

"Peter, your bone is sticking out of your arm!" You drag him to a nearby alley, "Okay," You breathe out, leaning against the brick wall. "Hold on, okay?" You look down at Peter still out of breath. 

"What?" He looks up at you bewildered.

"I'm flying you to the hospital," You reply quickly before ascending into the air. 

Peter swung through the city, almost flying, just about every night. This was different. Not only was he not in control but he was technically flying with the enemy which anyone else would see as a kidnapping but he knew what it was and it was purely intentioned. He clung onto you the best he could, considering and as his body started getting colder, he soaked up all of your warmth. "Y/n?" He asks softly, looking up.

You almost don't hear Peter but pick up the faint softness of his voice and quickly look down. You can see that he's fading and fast. "What is it, Peter? Stay with me and tell me what it is," You can see a hospital in the distance and focus solely on it.

He swallows and looks up again as his eyes dare to shut. "It's your birthday." 

You furrow your brows, not wanting to look down but doing so anyway. "What?"