The Art of Hating the Holidays- Druig

pairing: gn!reader and druig
summary: "God, you're shivering so much- just take my jacket.", Why do you hate the holidays so much? Oh, shit I've found out and now you're sad. Let's make some better memories!
genre: fluff, one good scene where it's angsty but that's it
requested? yes for the 100k celebration!
warnings: druig, swearing, touchy-feely, druig is a downer but not unreasonably so, mentions ikaris lol, kissing, reader is ready to fight (you'll see what i mean, maybe)
a/n: another when where sum1 requested a male reader but it turned gender-neutral lol, won't lie druig kinda always uses gender-neutral language so it makes it that much more difficult but whatevs, hope you all enjoy! so, this is my x-mas eve treat (as i celebrate x-mas). druig stans come get y'all juice!

You stand shoulder to shoulder with Druig as you wait outside of Makkari's home. Though the Eternals are far from human, they tend to adopt many of the humans' rituals, and that includes holidays. So, all of them and their plus ones (as you are), decide to get together at Makkari's. Strange enough, for someone who spends most of her time in solitude from the others, preferring the company of books, she has the largest home and offers it up as a venue. And that's how you stand outside in the freezing cold with Druig at your side as you approach Makkari's home.

"Why didn't you bring a jacket?" Druig turns his head your way. "Of all the humans I know, you are by far the most unprepared one for anything ever."

You roll your eyes at him. "When you said Makkari lived in the forest I thought you meant, you know, like a tropical one," You shrug. "Besides, I was the one to remember gifts for the gift exchange, you little troll," You mumble the last part, crossing your arms over your chest with a huff.

Druig smiles, shaking his head. You call him that every once in a while when he's really pissing you off. He turns to you as a gust of wind wooshes through the air, causing your hair to fly around and a shiver to travel down your spine. "Look at you," He shakes his head mockingly, "shivering like a poor little puppy after a bath. Come on," He waves you over to come closer. "Take my jacket."  He takes his jacket off and helps you put it on, smirking all the while. 

You bow your head as your face is flush, "Thank you, Druig." 

"Of course, my darling," He steps closer and presses a kiss to the top of your head. "Now why don't we head inside and join the festivities?"

---

Everything seems to be going swimmingly and as planned, except for whatever Druig's doing which seems to be sitting, cross-armed in the corner with a slight pout on his lips and a look of annoyance- no, contempt in his eyes. 

You drift through the crowded living room over to Druig. You had noticed his behavior earlier but thought nothing of it as he's usually withdrawn in social events but this is something entirely different. You know him and at some point, while you were away from him, he would have come to find you to be close to you (especially around Ikaris). But he hadn't. He had been in that same corner since you two had arrived and his expression had remained relatively the same as well. You take a seat right up next to him, legs and arms flush, and turn your head toward him. "What are you doing over here? Party of one?"

He shakes his head, pressing his lips together. "No, my dear."

"Well, are you feeling well? What's wrong?" You lean in and press your hand to his forehead; you smile when this gets a chuckle out of him. 

"Not a fever either," He takes your hand from his forehead. "I just.. can't enjoy these holidays of yours is all."

Your brows knit in confusion. Sure, Druig hates lots of things but he's never seemed to dislike the holidays, especially given that he helps you decorate among other things for every one of them. And, he would occasionally bring up one you've never heard of before but were glad to partake in. "Why? Did someone upset you, was it Ikaris?" You start looking around for Ikaris and Druig grabs your hand.

He smiles brightly at you; he is so glad to have you as his. "No one's upset me," He assures you as your eyes are now on him. "It's just that there's so much going on in this.. horrible yet beautiful world that I can't help but focus on it. Especially in these times where everyone is supposed to be happy and especially considering that I could stop all of it."

You nod solemnly. What could you say to that? He is right. You lean back onto the couch as you hold Druig's hand, giving it a squeeze as you let yourself think. It hits you. You try not to jump up but lean forward and face Druig quickly. "You know, my love, you are right. I can't help that the truth is very much the truth but that doesn't mean you can't enjoy yourself."

Druig sits up, his mouth beginning to move to protest whatever idea you clearly have as seen by your lively eyes. God, he loves those eyes of yours. But-

You put your hand over his mouth, "Not yet, Druig." You take your hand away and he's quiet. "Come," You wave him over as you stand. You take his hand and drag him to the threshold of the living room and kitchen.

"What are we doing?" 

"Starting with some traditions," You flash a smile at him. You point up at some mistletoe that Sersi must have hung, "Do you know what that is?"

"A plant?"

"It's mistletoe and at this time of year, you're supposed to kiss the one you lover under it."

Druig's brows furrow, he's confused but he doesn't hate the idea. "Why?"

You shrug, "No clue but do you want a kiss?" The back of your neck and your whole face heat up as you look at him, a smile poking out.

"I would love a kiss," He smiles back.

You take the initiative, placing a hand at the back of his neck, leaning in, closing your eyes, brushing your nose against his, and finally meeting his lips. Your hand tangles in the hair tapering at his neck while your other holds his cheek. Druig's hands find their way to your hips, holding you steady and firm. You pull away and Druig rests his forehead against yours. "Did I change your mind just a little?" You ask.

Druig can't help beaming at you, "Maybe a little."

You giggle and drink in his features. You take a moment and try your best to ingrain this deep into your memory; you want to remember this, remember Druig forever. 

Meanwhile, Kingo and Phastos stand in the kitchen, holding their drinks bewildered. "Those two are together..?" Kingo asks, eyes still on you two as you hold each other, swaying to the soft music playing through Makkari's home.

"I guess," Phastos' replies, him too staring at you both.