Wings- Sam Wilson

pairing: sam wilson and winged!mutant!male!reader
summary: it's your and sam's anniversary and boy has he planned quite the day for you
genre: this is pure, tooth-rotting fluff
requested? yes!
warnings: swearing, struggling with ur wings lol, stubborn sam, cheesiness ;)
a/n: omg this was such a cute request it made me start cheesing lmao also sam can't take a compliment to save his life but he is the best

You're gently woken up by Sam rubbing your arm and the smell of breakfast gracing your nose. Sam's smiling at you with a plate in hand, "Good morning, sleeping beauty," He sets the plate on the nightstand and takes a seat next to you. He watches you rub your eyes, yawn, and stretch before sitting up. "How did you sleep?" He reaches out to hold one of your hands.

"Good," You smile at him. "I'm better now that I'm seeing you." 

Sam smiles, shaking his head and chuckling. "Oh," He quirks a brow. "Uh-huh," He nods.

"I'm serious," You protest.

"I'll take your word for it but only because it's our anniversary," 

"So, that's what the breakfast in bed is for." 

"Oh, c'mon, I've done this before,"

Now it's your turn to quirk a brow, "Oh, really? When?"

Sam looks everywhere but you as he really tries to rack his brain. He was very loving but his job as an Avenger as Captain (fucking) America did tend to take up a lot of his time. "Okay, maybe it's been a while," 

You chuckle, "I still appreciate it." 

He hands the plate over before getting up. "I have to take care of a few things and I'll be back, okay?" He leans over to press a kiss to your forehead.

Before he can leave, one of your wings instinctively wraps behind Sam, holding him in place. "Sorry," You giggle.

He rubs your wing, making your heart do backflips. "I don't mind," He smiles at you. "Just enjoy your breakfast and don't fly away before I come back." 

"Deal."

---

You're in the middle of struggling to put a shirt on when arms wrap around your waist and kisses are trailed from shoulder to shoulder. "You need help with that?" Sam asks teasingly. 

"Yes," You huff.

Sam quickly buttons the top-back of your shirt and turns you around to face him. "C'mon handsome," He takes your hand in his and leads you to his car. 

"You don't want to fly?" 

Sam chuckles, "I know it's our anniversary and the spotlight should be on us but I'd rather not have a hundred people watching us today." You nod in agreement. "Also," He adds. "Don't you get tired of flying?" 

"Mm, not when I'm with you," 

Sam's cheeks turn bright red, "Okay, now you're just messing with me," He shakes his head in a poor attempt to hide his blush. 

"Oh, c'mon, handsome," You mock him before cupping his face. "I'm so glad I'm the only one who gets to see you like this." 

"You're damn right you're the only one who gets to see me like this!" 

"You know you love it," You wiggle your brows at him. "And you know you love me." 

"Unfortunately," He sighs dramatically.

"I will pull up with divorce papers so quick, Wilson!"

Sam puts his hand over his heart, "You wouldn't!"