The Enemy of my Enemy Pt.2- Peter Parker

pairing: gn!sidekick!villain!reader and peter parker
summary: quentin has a surprise you don't quite like and peter takes you back to the tower
genre: def angst, fluff, brief comedic timing 
warnings: swearing, mentions weapons, crying, maybe a kiss??, lots of mistrust, kinda implied conditioning?? if u look closely??, vague implied reference of torture (*shrugs*)
a/n: i would have finished this earlier but i got sick! not covid or anything serious but here you are :)

You sit at your desk in Quentin's hideout, mulling over building blueprints and weapon schematics. Your head rests on your hand as you're slouched at your desk. Sensing a presence, you turn and jump seeing Quentin standing next to you. "Jeez!" You throw a hand up. "God, Mr. Beck," You breathe out, clutching your chest. "You scared me," 

His eyes slowly move from the schematics and blueprints to your own eyes. "Sorry," He apologizes curtly. He takes a step back and turns his full attention to you, "I've got something to show you," He smirks. "I'm sure you'll like it but you've got to put your suit on." 

You nod, "Sure. Can it wait 'til later? I've got to send off these weapon-"

"No," He interjects, pointing his index finger at you. "Those can wait."

You furrow your brows. What could possibly be so important?  "Okay," You mutter. "I'll be out in five."

---

You trail behind Quentin, head hung low, and your hands behind your back. Ever since you left Peter at the hospital, you weren't your usual spunky self and Quentin noticed. You bump into him as he stops before a heavy metal door. "Shit!" You back up with your hands up, "Sorry!" 

Quentin chuckles, "It's alright." He puts a hand up, "Relax," He walks over to you and rests a hand on your upper arm. "What happened on your birthday?" 

You have to take a double-take. Sure, Quentin took care of you and was there for you but he kept a distance. He was mostly cold anytime you brought up personal issues so, it was definitely a change of pace. "What?" 

"When you came back on your birthday," He fumbles with his hands. "Well, you left so happy but ever since you came back..." He looks at you, intently listening.

"Nothing," You brush him off. "Nothing happened," You repeat. 

Quentin nods, "Alright." He turns back around and steps into the next room. 

You follow a few feet behind. Your ears perk up hearing someone's muffled begging and you lift your head to see Peter. Your eyes widen and you have to slap a hand over your mouth to keep from gasping. "Mysterio?" You turn to Quentin, motioning him to your side. "Mr. Beck!" You whisper-yell. "What are you doing!?" 

Quentin smiles and your stomach churns, "It's up to you."

Your brows furrow, "What!?" You shake your hand in his face, "Don't you think the Avengers will be looking for him?"

Quentin nods, "Of course they would, that's the point." 

You grab Quentin's arm like an angry mother would her child, walk to the other end of the room, and whisper-yell, "Don't you think bringing him to our hideout and drawing the Avengers out here, too is kind of insane? Where are we gonna lay low and be safe? Quentin," You pause quickly glancing over to Peter. You bite your lip as you turn back to Quentin, "This is my home. I don't have anywhere else to live."

Quentin's face falls but he quickly composes himself. "I've got another place for us to take him to," He explains in a hushed tone. There's a pause in the conversation as Quentin opens and closes his mouth. Hesitantly and almost too quietly to hear he adds, "I wouldn't do that to you." He quickly turns and walks toward the door, "I have to grab something, I'll be back."