Relief- Druig

pairing: druig and gn! reader
summary: druig notices you're stressed out and helps you out and acts as you're doting bf
genre: fluff, smidge of an angsty reader
requested: no
warnings: mentions stress and anxiety, uhh druig is touching reader's bare back idk, briefly mentions food, kissing, feely touchy comfort
a/n: I PROMISE I'M WORKING ON REQUESTS i've just been stressed and druig is my fav rn and he's so comforting to me :') also random but i feel like unintentionally all of druig's pet names for his significant others are very gender neutral lmao

Druig comes home to see you slumped over at your desk, head in your hands. "Hello, dear," He greets you softly, making his presence clear before walking up behind you. He places his hand on your shoulders and begins to rub your shoulders. "How are you doing, dear?" He feels your muscles relax with his touch and he smiles softly to himself.

"Trying not to have a nervous breakdown," You chuckle, rubbing your eyes.

He leans down to press a kiss on your cheek, "Tell me what's going on." He takes your hands in his and crouches down in front of you. "I'm here, my love," He kisses each of your hands gently. 

You sigh and lift your head just enough to meet his eyes. "I just feel like... there's too much," You sigh. "I've been having people put so much on me and I keep just doing it and I feel like I'm about to crash and burn." You squeeze his hands and scoot closer to him, to drop your head on his shoulder. 

He rubs his thumbs over the top of your hands before letting go and wrapping his arms around you. "Come on," He whispers, lifting you up. "I was saving this for another time but right now seems perfect," He places you down on your shared bed. "I'll be back," He winks at you before exiting the room. 

A few minutes later, he comes back in with your favorite snacks and treats in his arms and lays them all out in front of you. He crawls onto the other side of your bed next to you and presses a kiss to your forehead. "I know these are your favorite," He smiles -more like smirks- up at you. 

You nearly start sobbing right then and there. You know that Druig cares deeply for you and he would do anything for you, it was just sometimes either your thoughts would overwhelm you and you would forget that he's there for you or his usual coldness with people would be transferred to you. Of course, he never means to be cold with you, you're his dearest human. 

You wrap your arms around Druig's neck, catching him off guard as you pull him close. He smiles as he wraps his arms back around you. With tears pooling in your eyes, you say in a shaky voice, "I love you, Druig." It was a phrase you told each other often enough that it wouldn't shock either of you but it was a phrase you two held onto for special occasions (most of the time). It was just hard for either of you, both being cold to new people you met, to admit your love so tenderly and easily. 

Druig pulls back, his eyes shining like stars at you, smiling like a lovesick teenager, and softly says, "I love you, too, Y/n." His hand trails down your arm before he intertwines his fingers with yours. He uses his free hand to push your hair back so he can rub his thumb over your cheek. "Let's talk about how you're feeling, all right?" He tilts his head slightly as he looks at you.

---

After talking things out, Druig can sense how much stress of yours has melted away. He also notices how much you're rubbing your shoulders and not so inconspicuously wincing every time. So, as you're munching on one of the snacks he brought you, he asks if you want to watch a movie. He laughs when you look at him strangely; he almost never wanted to watch any sort of media unless you made him.

"Is this some sort of trick?" You look at him suspiciously.

He smiles at you as bright as ever, "I would never."

"You would and you have,"

"Only on Ikaris," He retorts as quickly as you had.

"I- You- Okay, that's fair," You shrug. "And I mean sure, I always want to watch movies with you, Druig."

His heart melts with your words. "While we were watching the movie, I was thinking that I could-"

You eye him suspiciously again, a small smile slowly spreading across your face.

"-give you a massage!" He says triumphantly with a sure of himself smirk.

"That would be amazing." You had to keep your jaw from nearly dropping on the floor. It's like he knows. What you don't expect is for him to climb onto your bed and sit on your butt with his knees on either side of you. You look back at him and he's busy fiddling with a bottle of lotion. "Druig," You catch his attention, his soft eyes looking back into yours. "Thank you." You can't think of any more elegant phrasing or words, so you stick to the basic linguistics, and pucker up your lips for him to reach over and meet your lips in a kiss.

Seeing as this is a rare occasion where Druig actually wants to watch a movie, you pick one of your favorites from Kingo. You're pleasantly surprised when you look back at him every once and a while and he's smiling like a dork and even shakes his head as a smile blossoms over his lips as Kingo is on-screen. You pipe up -almost surprising yourself- as his eyes are focused on the screen as Kingo dances across it, "You love them all, don't you?"

His eyes quickly dart to yours and he purses his lips before nodding, almost defeated. He sighs, "Even Ikaris." He manages to make you chuckle and his eyes and nose crinkle. "You know me so well, my dear," He leans down, his clothed chest flush against your bare back and kisses you chastely on the nose. You giggle again and his heart flutters with every flap of the butterflies in his stomach. "But," He raises his index finger, "I love you most." He points at you, beaming proudly.

You dramatically throw a hand over your mouth and gasp, "Druig!"

He starts cracking up, "My little comedian."

"Thank you," You do your best attempt at a bow while laying down by bowing your head.

Druig goes back to rubbing your back and shoulders, his soft palms and fingers roaming over your body, relaxing your muscles, and tenderly easing your body into calmness. After the movie finishes, Druig stops momentarily to check on you and you're asleep. He smiles at your slumbering form before climbing off the bed to reposition you. He leans over you to kiss your forehead, "Rest well, my darling."