Bruises-Peter Parker

pairing: peter and gn! reader
summary: you catch a beat-up peter
genre: angst 'n fluff
warnings: bruises, crying, like one swear word lmao
a/n: had a prompt about a character touching another character's bruises so here's this

"Peter?" Your voice was low and soft as if you were cradling Peter with it. This was the first time you'd seen Peter like this. He was so vulnerable. Not only were tears streaming down his face but his torso was bare. 

"I can explain-" He put his hands up but quickly back down as he looked at your expression. He hung his head and clasped his hands together.

You gently pressed a finger to one of his bruises. His breath hitched but he didn't dare to look at you. You caressed your fingers down his arm slow enough so that you could take in every mark painted onto his skin. Your eyes flickered up to his face only momentarily but you could tell what was running through his mind.

"Peter," You spoke softly but louder than before. You pressed your fingers to a bruise that adorned his right pec. "How did you get these?" Your eyes were still glued to his chest as you counted each mark that littered it. Your fingers feathered along his stomach as you tried to take it all in.

"I- I'm-" Before he could sputter out an answer, you wrapped your arms around him.

"I'm so sorry, Peter," You cried onto his shoulder. You tightened your grip around him, held him as if at any moment he would be taken from you. 

A chuckle left Peter's lips, "You're hurting me."

You pulled away immediately, "Oh my god!" You gripped his shoulders, "I'm so sorry!" 

He laughed again, "It's okay." 

"Peter, what happened?" 

"I swear, Y/n, I'm okay." He smiled, "Really."

"You're covered in bruises!" You threw your hands up. "Peter, I don't care what it is. Please just tell me," You pleaded.

"Well, I'm- I'm Spider-man." 

"What!?" You exclaimed. "Peter, why wouldn't you tell me? I know we're just friends but-" You cut yourself off at a loss for words. 

"I wanted to tell you so bad but I can't stand the thought of you worrying every time I go out,"

"Peter," You sniffled. "You need someone to know, to take care of you like you take care of the city, Pete." You grabbed his hands, intertwining your fingers with his. "You can't come back every night like this, covered in bruises."

"It's just apart of being Spider-man," He reasoned, squeezing your hands gently.

"Peter," You ripped your hands from him, standing up. "You can't be serious!" You threw your hands up. "I love you, Peter, I really do. I care for you but this- this is stupid. Putting yourself in danger is one thing but not letting someone help you- Peter I-" You close your mouth as Peter stares at you, "What?"

"You said you love me," He admitted sheepishly, his face turning fifty shades of red. 

"Of course I love you, idiot!" Your anger still overflowed through your words. You punched Peter's bed frame and instantly regret it, "Fuck."

"Y/n," He rushed to your side. He grabbed your waist and turned you to face him. He took your hand and ran his fingers over your knuckles.

You looked up and your breath hitched at Peter's closeness. "Peter?" 

"What?" His eyes trailed from your hands to your eyes.

You pressed your forehead against his and as you leaned in, your noses touch. You stayed like this for a good few minutes. You trailed your hands up his sides all the way to his neck. You pulled him closer and pressed your lips against his. Peter placed one hand on the back of your head, the other pulled at your collar.

"Peter," You breathed out, pulling away but close enough to touch noses. 

"I love you, too."