Completely Crumble- Sam Wilson

pairing: (intended as male but can be read as gn so) gn!reader and sam wilson
summary: this started as something different than it ended as but anyway sam's new jacket leads to him asking u out how are these events related? read the story, dork!
genre: oh baby this is some tooth-rotting fluff if i ever saw it (read that in a cowboy accent and you might die of laughter)
warnings: people kissing, swear words lol, brief appearance of bucky, brief appearance of torres, really cheesy lovey stuff
a/n: (old a/n) oh so u thought i was just gonna write about zemo and his jacket and not give MY BOY SAM in a mfing LEATHER JACKET N TURTLENECK some love, too? well u were wrong, babey! (new a/n) idk where the fuck the little completely crumble line came from cause i never even intended to use it but it popped into my brain and now the fic is titled completely crumble so,, also we need more love for sam, that is all.

You look up from the documents you had been intensely examining to see Sam with a jacket in his hands walking your way. You smile at him and watch as he slips the jacket on. "Wow."

Sam instantly smiles at your comment.

 You set the documents down and turn your full attention on him. "You look good," 

Sam's cheeks flush red and he bows his head a little. He chuckles before looking back up and meeting your eyes. "Thanks," He's really at a loss for words. He could flirt endlessly with anyone but once they would flirt with him, especially when he liked them as much as he liked you, he became a wreck. 

You start fingering through the files, your nerves setting off like explosions throughout your body. You bow your head before adding just loud enough for Sam to hear, "You should wear that jacket more often." 

Sam nods and makes a mental note to do just that. Even with the meaningful compliment, he can't help but joke, "I look that good in it, huh?" You keep your head low and your eyes on the files but nod vigorously. Sam just chuckles again.

Bucky groans from across the room and shouts, "Just ask him out already!" 

Now you and Sam are both blushing, flustered messes. You look up and scramble to say something but nothing comes to mind or lips. Sam seems to take Bucky's little comment as a challenge though and steps closer to you. He holds his hand out before pulling you to a standing position. His body is barely three inches away from yours as he intertwines your fingers with his. Gently, softly, lovingly, he asks, "What do you say?" He says it so casually yet comforting and so easily that you feel stupid for never asking him before. Sure, you had tried to but the words always got jumbled in his presence. He was a strong force, a positive force but a strong one. 

Your voice is yet again caught in your throat but you're not going to let your lack of voice ruin this moment. You nod vigorously before whatever force was holding your voice hostage releases it and you whisper out, "Yes." You repeat the word over a few times just to make sure that a) this is real and b) Sam heard your answer. And you knew he heard your answers when he pulled you against him and your chests pressed together and you both wrapped your arms around one another.

Quietly, Bucy whispers to himself, "Wow, that actually worked?" 

Torres looks back at him wondering if he was talking to him or himself but shrugs as a response nonetheless.

Sam pulls away, only a few inches, before leaning back in to press his forehead against yours. His breath fans over your face and you swear if he wasn't holding onto you, you would have crumbled completely right then and there (of course, in a good way). 

You try to gather your thoughts but your voice betrays you (bitch!), "You- I- We-" 

Sam chuckles and you can feel his forehead wrinkle against yours. It's such a funny feeling you start to laugh, too. And as if reading your mind, Sam says what you've been thinking, "I was so worried," He trails off, looking deeply into your eyes. He can see now that there's no worry held within them as there usually was. That was what would have made him completely crumble if you hadn't been holding onto him. 

You finally get control over your voice and try to immediately comfort him, "I was, too." It's an easy thing to admit but it still gives you a sense of solidarity with Sam. Something in this moment is possessing and honestly feels like a spell, a very lovely spell. So, without thinking, you say, "We don't have to be anymore."

Sam seems to instantly agree but gives a verbal answer of, "We don't." It's at this moment, he stops pressing his forehead against yours and cups your face. "Can I-" Now it was his turn for his voice to fail him but he was persistent and immediately tries again, "Can I kiss you?"

With the smallest yet most enthusiastic nods from you, he pulls you closer simultaneously pushing himself closer and presses his soft lips against your soft but chapped ones. Oh, how you both could completely crumble in that moment.