Sleeping Buddies-Bucky Barnes

pairing: bucky and gn!reader
summary: cheesy sharing bed trope, sorry
genre: lil angst, basically fluff tho
warnings: crying, sharing a bed with a super-soldier, mentions sleeping problems
a/n: saw the prompt "i can't fall asleep unless someone's next to me" thought it was the cutest ever and i know bucky is the biggest sweetheart ever so naturally they go together, right? bucky deserves smooches, that is all 

It was around one in the morning and you had been tossing and turning since you first laid down. You couldn't fall asleep. It was your first night actually sleeping at the tower and so far you weren't doing any sleeping. You had been debating asking one of your closest friends if you could sleep next to him because you knew if you tried to sleep alone, you simply wouldn't. He understood your struggles but you hadn't yet told him about your problem with sleeping. Well, now or never.

You groan as you get out of bed and feel the full weight of your body. You roll your shoulders and let out a deep breath before exiting your room. You trudge down the hall to Bucky's room and knock quietly. You hear shuffling before a quiet 'come in' sounds through the door. You enter and look down at a very tired Bucky.

"Can I ask you something, Buck?" You rub the back of your neck as a blush spreads across your face.

"Sure," He hums, blinking slowly, "Anything."

"I know it sounds stupid but," You cross your arms over your chest and turn your feet inward. Your knees touch each other and you look down at the floor. "I can't sleep unless someone's beside me."

His eyes meet yours for a moment before he sits up. He pats the space beside him, looking at you and waiting for you to move. "It's alright," He assures softly, looking into your eyes once again.

You plod over to his side and take a seat. "It's really stupid," You avert your eyes from him before looking back down at your hands. You feel waves of heat rush up your neck and across your face. A burst of sparks explodes throughout your body as Bucky takes one of your hands in his.

He rubs his thumb over the top of your hand, "It's not stupid." 

You pull Bucky into a hug, "Thanks." You let a chuckle escape but so do a few tears. "I'm so tired," You confess with a sigh.

"You want to lie down?" He squeezes your hand lightly. You nod and Bucky pulls you to his chest, wrapping his arms around you. "I've got you," He whispers.

"Thanks, Buck." You wrap your arms over his and let your eyes close. "You're so nice... and soft," You hum. You can feel Bucky's chest vibrate as he laughs softly. You bury your face in between his bicep and chest, "G'night."

"Goodnight," He presses a kiss against your head.