Chapter 44

greyson's pov

We stood in front of an overly large gate, which was supposed to be intimidating, that guarded the fortress inside. If that wasn't enough, there was a security detail standing guard too.

One of the men stood on the other side of the gate awaiting instructions on whether we were allowed in or not.

Christian stood there with an indifferent look, glancing at his phone every few minutes. On the other hand, I was getting impatient at the fact that we had to wait for so long, time was running out.

I knew Tobias was purposely making us wait, another one of his petty fucking games.

We were basically hanging on by a thread with no information whatsoever as to where Eli could have been taken. As much as it pains me to say this, Tobias might be our only hope.

If he didn't give us anything, we were screwed. But we would cross that bridge when we come to it.

I knew he wasn't going to give up information that easily, he always had an ulterior motive. Tobias was a fucking snake like that.

I sent Caleb a quick text asking him to meet up with me later; he and Jacob deserved to know what had happened. I'm sure they wouldn't be happy being kept in the dark.

If I was in their place, I would want to know too. I'm sure Caleb was already suspicious with the way I had abruptly cut the call.

I needed proper proof of whom it could be, I still had my doubts about her father. He could also be the one behind this and was having fun watching us run around in circles trying to find information.

The kidnapper had their face covered, but my gut told me it had to be Oliver. That sick bastard was still after her all these years. I knew if Tobias was the one behind this, he would pull it off without a trace.

Just as I was about to lose it, the guy nodded at us and unlocked the gate. He escorted us to another pair of huge front doors and left.

Christian pushed the button on the side, and we waited. The door was opened by yet another guard.

He patted us down to check for any weapons. When he found the gun I had kept hidden, he gave it to a maid who looked like she'd rather be anywhere but here. She took it and scurried away.

"Don't fucking think of doing anything; I'll blow both your brains out." He said in a gruff voice, warning us.

We walked in silence; the only noise were the sounds of our shoes against the sparkling tiles.

The interior lived up to its expectation with a wide, large staircase and the huge chandelier that hung overhead. The mansion was like a maze and I tried to take note of where we were going. Christian walked stoically, and I wondered how he felt about meeting his shitty father.

Working with Tobias, I learnt that he used anyone and everyone to get whatever he wanted.

We came to stop in front of a set of brown doors; he knocked twice on the door before pushing it open and closing the doors once we inside.

The room was spacious, a brown mahogany desk sat in the middle in the room with a black leather chair facing the enormous glass window behind the desk. A large leather sofa sat in the corner of the room, other than that the room was empty except for a few paintings that hung on the otherwise bare walls.

The chair whirled around and Tobias Redmond sat there with a smirk on his face. At first glance, Tobias would look like a normal, hardworking and shrewd businessman, but what you didn't know was underneath all that picture-perfect façade was a corrupt and vicious human being.

"I'm surprised to find you here." He directed his statement to Christian, barely glancing at me.

"Drop the act. You know exactly why we are here." Christian shot back.

"We want to know where Elizabeth is." I asked impatiently.

Tobias shifted his gaze to me, "Ah! Greyson. So you are attached to the girl. You know, you were the finest among the rest of those fuckers, but you've gone soft."

"Where the fuck is she?" Christian asked sternly, trying not to lose his temper.

"I don't know." The smirk on his face grew.

"Cut the bullshit, fucktard."

"Boy, you better watch that mouth, otherwise get the fuck out." The smirk had changed into an outraged expression.

"Where is she?" I repeated once again.

Tobias sat back in the chair, scrutinizing us as he considered telling us anything. After a few moments of tense silence, he said, "I will help you on one condition."

"Which is?" Christian gritted out.

"I want to see the girl." He said, waiting for our confirmation.

"What the fuck? Why?" I burst out as Christian stood silently beside me.

"Do you agree or not?" He asked smugly. He knew we had no other choice and he was using that to his advantage.

Christian just nodded, not wanting to utter the confirmation.

"Oliver White."

As we had expected. Still this was bad, really bad.

"He was out for her blood right from the time she escaped and now he finally got to her." The smirk was back on his face. "Judging from your reaction, I see she hasn't told you everything that happened."

I turned to a perplexed looking Christian. "We got what we wanted, let's get the fuck out of here." I said quietly.

As we turned to leave, he reminded us, "Don't forget, Christian. You won't like what would happen if I find out you're hiding her."

We left without another word with no one trying to stop us. Once we reached his car, Christian sat in silence, his eyebrows furrowed as he processed what just transpired.

"It's not my story to tell. She just wanted to forget everything that happened."

"I fucking ruined everything. I never should have left her." He said, his voice dripping with remorse and regret.

"What happened, happened and it's over now. That's all in the past, what's more important now is finding Eli." I said trying my best to console him. "And we need to find her fast."