Chapter 25

After a few minutes of scurrying around trying to not look like a homeless person, I was presently dragging Greyson towards his car.

"Damn woman, slow down. The cafe isn't going to go anywhere." He grumbled as I ignored and pulled him along, praying that I wouldn't be late.

"My job will if we don't haul ass."

"You're being overdramatic. So what if you're like a minute late?" He rolled his eyes at me.

"You clearly don't know what being punctual is then." I stated and got into his car.

He got in right as I did and lamely retaliated, "Uh... I so do."

I chose not to answer him; it would be futile to do so. Alice was the silent and calm type of angry, as informed by Ani, I hadn't see her anger yet and I never wanted to. I couldn't stop my leg from bouncing as Greyson guided the car onto the street.

A large palm stopped the incessant bouncing, "Eli, relax. I'll get you there in time."

I nodded in return and turned my focus on the cars that zoomed past us. The cafe finally came in view and I let out a sigh of relief, I still had five minutes to spare.

"I told you I would get you here in time." A cheeky smile on his face as he gazed at me.

"Thank you, Grey. I owe you." I said gratefully.

"You and me, dinner, tonight. I'll let you know the time."

"Yes, tonight." I assured him.

As I was exiting the vehicle, I was stopped by Greyson clearing his throat, looking at me expectantly. For what? I wasn't sure myself, but knowing him I knew it was going to be something stupid.

"I need something." He declared before I could get a word out.

"What do you need?" I asked, my patience running thin. "I need to go, so you better hurry up and tell me."

He had a complacent look on his face, his eyes twinkling in amusement and I knew I shouldn't have entertained his idiocy.

"I want a kiss." He announced.

The smug look grew on his face when he saw the bewildered expression on mine.

"Are you serious?" I asked in disbelief.

"As serious as I can be, just a kiss and then you can go." To prove his point, I heard a click indicating that he had locked the doors.

"Ugh, you're such a child." I glared at him wondering how all my life choices lead up to this absurd moment.

The innocent smile on his face grew as he saw me contemplating.

"Come here." I grumbled out knowing I had no other choice.

Leaning over the console, I pressed a chaste kiss on his forehead and unlocked the car using Greyson's small distraction to my advantage.

Grabbing my things and swiftly getting out, I glanced around to see Greyson had recovered from the little shock and was watching me with a smirk on his face.

He hadn't mentioned where he wanted to kiss.

"Touché." He mouthed.

I winked at him and gave him a flirty wave before turning around and making my way into the cafe.

I jumped in fright when I felt a hand touch my shoulder, I turned to see Ani laughing her ass off at my little scare.

"You s-should have seen your f-face." She said in between her laughter. "Oh man, I wish I had my phone recording. Your face was priceless."

"Haha, very funny." I said, giving her a dirty look. Entering the cafe, I walked to the employees room and dumped my bag in one of the empty lockers. Grabbing one of the aprons that hung on the wall, Ani stumbled into the room, still giggling.