Chapter 24

I swiftly shut off his phone and placed it where it was. The words replaying in my head, I could seriously be misunderstanding the text, but it was difficult not to. I couldn't even ask him because it might seem like I was snooping and I definitely wasn't.

"Eli, what the fuck are you doing? Come back to bed." Greyson's sleepy voice startled me. "Whoa, I didn't mean to scare you. Come on." He held out his hand, waiting for me to take it.

Slipping my hand into his warm hand, it fit perfectly and I let him guide me back to bed. Once we were settled with most of Greyson's body on top of me, most possibly trying to stop me from escaping, which was confirmed when he said—

"You're not allowed to leave me while we sleep, better yet, I won't let you escape." He said with cute determination and a few seconds later, he fell asleep. I was glad he fell asleep quickly, but as much as I tried, sleep never came to me because of the twin's weird behavior and that damn text. Finally, after countless hours, I somehow drifted off.

The next time I stirred, sunlight streamed in through the open blinds and a sense of déjà vu hit me. Greyson's arm was placed under my head as a substitute pillow while his other arm lay over his eyes, shielding them from the daylight that shone down on his face making him look heavenly. His hair stuck out in different directions and even then I couldn't seem to take my eyes off of him.

How could someone look so fucking beautiful even in their sleep? It was not fucking fair.

I sat up against the headrest and gazed at him, utterly enthralled. I gently ran my hand through his tousled mop of hair, brushing it out of his face and reveling in the feel of its softness.

After few minutes of staring at him like a creep, not that he would ever know, I decided it would be a good time to start the day. I had plenty of time before my shift started. I quietly made my way to the bathroom to freshen up and wake myself up too.

Once I was finished with all that I needed to do; I walked out to see Greyson in a sitting position, leaning aganist the headrest with his eyes closed and mouth opened. He must really be lazy, or he must be really tired with whatever he did yesterday, but I wasn't going to go soft on him.

Taking in a deep breath, I shouted loudly, "Greyson!"

His entire body jerked up and he looked around wildly for the source of the scream. I couldn't help my laughter from bubbling out.

He sighed when he saw me, "Fuck you. No fucking pranks this early in the morning." He grumbled while rubbing the back of his head which had hit the headrest.

"Oh, I'm sorry." I said sarcastically. "Are you okay?"

"No." The sulking instantly vanished and was replaced with a smug look. "It fucking hurts, and I know just the right thing to stop the pain."

"And what might that be?" I asked blithely, playing along.

"A kiss." He stated triumphantly.

I stared at him for a few seconds before walking over to him; the smug look on his face long gone. Instead, there was shock followed by a blank expression which remained. Climbing onto the bed, I straddled him and cupped his face, leaning in slightly.

"Eli, what are you doing?" He asked breathlessly; the lust very evident in his eyes.

Our lips were a mere centimeters apart, and I really wanted to close the distance. I already regretted doing this, but I had to finish now that I had started it.

"I'm giving you what you want, baby."

I agonizingly brushed my lips against his, savoring the feeling. He let out a low groan and pulled me closer to him. I placed soft kisses along the side of his jaw, his grip on my waist tightened as I came up to his lips.