Chapter 14

I could see the clear confusion written on Greyson's face. He looked me at with a questioning gaze, but I ignored him and nudged him forward where the nurse was waiting impatiently.

"Alex?" This time he called louder. Why couldn't he just go away? Why did he have to show up now when everything was finally going fine?

"I think you have the wrong person." Greyson answered. 

"No, I don't think so." Even though I didn't want to talk to him; I had to intervene before things could get worse. There were times in the past where I desperately yearned for his presence and to hear his voice, but I learnt the hard way that I couldn't always get what I wanted. It was pointless.

The nurse stood at the door, tapping her foot with an annoyed expression on her face. "Are you coming or not? There are other people waiting too."

"Yes, he's coming." I knew Greyson wasn't going to leave so easily, but I had to deal with this myself. 

"Grey, go now. I'll handle this." He observed me for a few minutes before nodding. He looked at Christian once more before reluctantly walking away. The door closed behind him leaving me alone with Christian.

I haven't seen him the day since he left and I wasn't ready to see him now. I turned to face him; the magazines didn't do him justice. He looked the exactly the same, just like my brother, but he wasn't my brother anymore. The only difference was his aura; he looked more mature and carried himself well. He truly succeeded at becoming who he wanted to be.

"Alex." I cringed at the name. I haven't heard anyone call me that in a long time.

"What do you want?" He was surprised at my hostility.

"How are you?" He asked cluelessly.

My blood boiled at that. How dare he ask me that?

"Can we talk outside?" The tense atmosphere that surrounded us was gaining people's attention, or maybe it was because of Christian.

I walked away without waiting for an answer and Christian followed me. I stopped walking when I reached the parking lot of the hospital, fortunately it was secluded. I didn't turn to face him.

"You've grown up to look just like mom. It's almost like she's standing in front of me. I've missed you."

"Why didn't you reach out then?" My voice faltered at the end, and I cursed myself for being so weak.

He placed a hand on my shoulder and turned me around. Immediately, he pulled me into a hug which I couldn't reciprocate. I stood as still as a statue.

He pulled back, noticing that something was not right, "What's wrong?" He asked hesitantly. He had tear-filled eyes. I distanced myself from him, his hands hung at his sides and he had a forlorn look on his face.

"Why are you doing this? I was doing so well without you and you've come and ruined it. You cannot come back into my life and expect a happy reunion and warm hugs when you were the one that left. You didn't even try to reach out and find out what happened to me. You left and forgot about me. So, please don't expect me to be happy to see you, I'm not that naive little sister you left behind." Tears were streaming down my face, but it felt good to say it out loud. It was sort of a closure for me.

Different emotions flitted behind his eyes; regret, shame, guilt and grief. He had been so busy trying to make a place for himself in this world that he lost sight for what mattered the most.

"I-I did try to reach out to you, but Uncle Oliver claimed that you were angry with me and talking to me was the last thing you wanted you do." A shiver ran down my spine on hearing his name.