Chapter 46

greyson's pov

Tense silence enveloped us.

"What the fuck?" Jacob whispered to himself in bewilderment.

"How did he walk out of the building with an unconscious person and not gain any attention?" Caleb asked as he tried to process what he had just heard.

"There is a back door that leads to an alleyway outside the building. I assume he had a car waiting there and whisked her away without anyone noticing."

"What the actual fuck? We were literally just with her. How the fuck was she kidnapped like that?" Jacob questioned, still looking shocked as well as enraged.

"I came by to see her and found her door slightly ajar with the key still in. I knew something was wrong when her apartment wasn't disturbed and when you told me she wasn't with you, that's when I knew she had to be in trouble."

With hesitation, Jacob asked, "Has she told you anything about her past?"

I nodded, "Christian's possibly the only person who has resources to help us find her. We went through the security footage of the building, and it is definitely him."

"Then why the hell are we wasting time talking when we should be looking for her?!" Jacob demanded. "We could have helped if you had told us immediately."

"I wasn't sure myself and didn't want to cause panic. Christian and I got a lead and he's currently working on it, trying to get any information he can. We need all the help we can get to find her."

"I don't trust him." Jacob said with a grimace.

"We have no other option, Jacob. Our priority is Lizzy and without his help we might not reach her in time." Caleb explained.

"I agree. Christian genuinely cares for her, he seemed alarmed and dropped everything when he heard what happened. He wouldn't intentionally let anyone harm her." I added.

"We should have just walked her back up to the apartment." Jacob said, regret lacing his words.

The conversation came to a pause with that. She was important to all of us, regardless of the differences in our relationship with her.

Right from the first night I had brought her back to my apartment, I knew she was special in her own way, it wasn't difficult to see. She was a rare breed, and I wanted her in my life.

She made me want to live; she gave me a reason to live and to love. I wanted to be selfish and keep her all to myself, but I knew I couldn't. The world needed a beautiful soul like hers.

The shrill ringing of a phone pulled the three of us out of our inner musings. It was my phone, and I hoped it brought good news.

"Hello, Greyson?" Christian's crisp voice sounded through the phone.

"Yeah?"

"Bad news man. I haven't got anything yet, but I'm still working on it." He sounded drained.

"Fuck." I breathed out. Hearing me, the twin's faces dropped too.

"There's one more option left that we can use." He said uncertainly.

"Anything."

"Thorn."

____________________

After much deliberation on whether the twin's should come with me and after much persistence from them, I concluded that it would be fine if they came along since I would need backup in case anything went wrong which was most likely going to happen considering how unpredictable Thorn was.

I had to fill them in on who Thorn was and how fucking sadistic he was as well as tell them about my association with him. They were surprised to say the least, when they found out that I was part of a gang, but they didn't say anything.

Laying out everything, I left it up to them to decide if they wanted to come with or not. Of course, their answer remained unchanged.

I admired their courage. Entering a situation with no guarantee for the safety of their lives.

I hadn't exactly worked under Thorn because Tobias had his eyes set on me right from the beginning. I was just another muscle that he had gotten to do his dirty work.

A deal was struck between them, in the beginning, which required a few members of the gang to work under Tobias Redmond and only for him.

I was manipulated into working for Tobias and there was no easy way out of it. If I ever slipped up during a run or a mission, there would be no trace leading back to Tobias. He was a smart motherfucker; I would give him that.

I never understood gang politics; I just followed orders without a question because they had given me another chance at life. I didn't realize the shit that went on behind the scenes until it was too late.

Joining the gang sealed your life. It was either live and work for them or get shot in the head. There were fatal consequences if a person tried to leave and I had seen firsthand how fucked up they were.

We reached the dingy and grimy part of town, a road I had travelled down multiple times. I parked the car in a dark alleyway, hiding it in the shadows.

Turning around to face the twin's, they had a stony look on their faces, but they looked ready to confront everything head on.

"Okay, here's the plan. The cartel's territory starts a few blocks down the road. The three of us cannot go barging down there; we won't even be able to step foot in their territory without our heads being blown off."

Handing the car keys to Jacob, I confirmed, "You need to stay in the car, ready to drive us out of here if need be. Caleb will be coming with me. Are we good?"

After getting grim nods in return as their confirmation, I opened the glove compartment and got out the gun I kept in there incase I needed it.

Jacob's wide eyes following my every movement. Examining it to see if the safety is on, I held it out to him.

"It's just for protection."

He swallowed nervously and nodded.

I got out of the car and walked to Caleb who had already out, standing at the entrance of the alleyway and observing the area.

"Last chance to back out if you want to, this is not your fight." I said knowing that this wasn't something they had signed up for.

"I could and would never do that; I'm doing this is for Lizzy."

We walked out of the safety of the alleyway and into broad daylight. The people lurking around on the streets looked at us with distaste, but they didn't bother approaching us.

We reached the beginning of the territory. I nodded at Caleb, and we crossed the divider together.

I had already noticed the shooters atop the shabby building, and I lifted both my hands up in surrender, Caleb followed suit. They didn't shoot which was a sign that we could go forward.

In a matter of seconds, my vision was blinded by the cloth thrown over my head, and I assumed Caleb's was as well. Using our distraction to their advantage, they managed to restrain us.

"Ah, the legendary Greyson Blaise." A gruff, raspy voice spoke, one I couldn't recall. "Thorn has been waiting for you. He knew you would show up one way or anoth-" He was cut off by a loud grunt.

The cloth was pulled off my face, and I saw one of the men on the ground while the one who was speaking had pushed Caleb down to knees and was holding him up by his hair, with a gun to his temple.

"Give me one good reason why I shouldn't blow his fucking brains out for doing that." He spat out.

I kept my eyes trained on him, an uninterested look on my face. "Because you know you wouldn't stand a chance if my hands weren't occupied." I stated calmly.

Silence surrounded us until he started laughing maniacally. "There's the Greyson Blaise that everyone knows. I'm letting him off this time, but you better control the bitch." He waited for me to retaliate, but I knew better than to do that.

"Thorn's waiting for you." He said with a smirk on his face.