Chapter 12

The incessant banging on the door coincided with my heartbeats. What psycho was making such a racket so early in the morning?

I grabbed the phone from my bed and tip-toed to my living room. The thumping on my door grew louder, and I wondered how the door was still standing. I needed some sort of weapon to defend myself.

My eyes zeroed in on a baseball bat that the twin's had left, they didn't bother taking it back and I was grateful for that at this moment. Grasping the bat, I cautiously walked towards the door; I just hoped whoever this person was would just go away. 

The noise stopped, and I peered out through the peep-hole. From what I could see, it was a man and it seemed like he had an arm around his stomach, like he was holding it. He was leaning against the door blocking my view of his face.

"Who the hell are you?" I shouted from the other side of the door. The bat shaking in my hands.

I got no answer, but the banging started again. It was really getting on my nerves, but before I could yell at the person—

"Eli, o-open the fucking... d-door."

I immediately swung open the door and a very badly beaten and bruised Greyson stumbled in and almost fell on top of me. The bat fell to the floor with a thud while I caught ahold of him before he took me down with him.

"Greyson, what the fuck?" I grit out. 

The entirety of his weight was resting on me; it was getting difficult to stand upright. He couldn't support himself nor could I. Anyhow, I miraculously got him to the couch and laid him down on it. His face was unrecognizable and in the process of swelling up. A black eye, numerous cuts and scrapes, and his lip was busted. I was absolutely certain that his face wasn't the only place that took the brunt.

I was finding it difficult to process what I was seeing in front of me. "What happened?" I whispered looking at his beaten up state. He painfully groaned which snapped me out of my shock, I quickly stood up to get the first aid, but I was stopped by Greyson tugging at my wrist.

"I'm going to get a first aid kit; I'll be back in a second." 

I swiftly walked to the bathroom, located the first aid kit and walked back to living room to a passed out Greyson. I sighed, tying my hair up in a bun, I got to work.

I used a disinfectant to remove all the dirt and cleaned the dried blood from his face. After I was done with his face, I tended to his bruised knuckles. My gaze fell on his arm that covered his stomach. I gently lifted it up to see a wet patch on his black shirt.

Oh shit.

I instantly pulled up the shirt to see a large gash across his stomach, it was still bleeding. It looked like it needed stitches. I hurriedly cut off his shirt and cleaned the wound as best as I could. I got him into a sitting position with great difficulty. Placing a bandage on it, I wrapped the gauze around him and proceeded to lay him down gently on the couch. 

I brought pillows and placed it under his head. Removing his shoes, I debated whether or not I should remove his jeans, but decided against it. I brushed back the lock of hair that lay on his forehead only for it to flop back on his forehead.

I let out a deep breath, got up and walked to my bathroom. I washed my hands and got into bed; the entire time trying to understand the unfamiliar emotions that were coursing through me.

____________________

The sun was shining down straight on my face; goddamnit, I had forgotten to close the blinds. Getting up from the bed, I cursed myself for forgetting again. Once I closed the blinds, I dove right back into bed. As soon as I settled down, I heard a groan beside me.