Chapter Six: Outside Perspectives

~Sterling's POV~

"It's all that I want." I whispered.

She's so close I could breathe and we'd be kissing, but this time I want to do it right. I want to make sure she wants it just as much as I do. Though I can't tell if she's looking at her feet or my lips, I don't think you'd fidget like she is right now if you weren't considering it.

Before I could think about it anymore SHE closed the space between us. Not that there was much to begin with.

Almost positive that everyone can hear my heart beating out of my chest right now. God, what this girl does to me is more than magical. She hasn't moved since she initiated the kiss, her lips just stayed there, frozen on mine. I don't mind one bit. Even if the kiss wasn't as heated as I'd like, it was perfect. I just want her. To hold her, kiss her, be with her. I would do anything to make her mine, but I'm not sure if she knows how I feel. Even though I'm the least subtle person on the face of the planet, aside from her that is.

As I move my hands to her face, a thought goes through my mind. DID SHE EVEN REMEMBER THE PARTY? Resting my palms on her cheeks, I begin to pull away, though the fiery feeling in my stomach and subconscious are screaming at me not to.

"Faith, what do you remember from the party?"

"Why?"

"It's nothing. I just, want to know how drunk you actually were."

"Well, I'm pretty sure I went to the pool and saw you, then went back inside to yell at Lexi for being so drunk, but she called me mom. So I had a few drinks. Dancing is kind of a blur, but I do remember going up stairs with you to talk, but we somehow got interrupted." I crinkled my face in confusion. "That's when we found out about Alec cheating on me. After yelling at him I called Christian to come pick me up. Then some guy came up behind me and we started dancing again. Next thing I know I'm being thrown to the floor and shouting is coming from across the room. I have a gash in my stomach from breaking a beer bottle when I was tossed aside. All hell broke loose and I blacked out before figuring out who was fighting and why," she finished.

She danced with a guy other than me that night? Who and why?

"Do you remember who the guy was?"

"No I , but I might have an idea." She said sweetly. I was going to speak, before she cut me off that is. "But that doesn't matter. Lets just watch Titanic. It's one of my faves!"

"Trust me I know." I mumbled low enough that only I could hear it. Following her to the bed, my heart beat once again started going a mile a minute. It felt like it was going to leap right out of my chest and turn to putty in her petite hands. She slips under the covers as I take off my shoes. I then proceed to do as she did by laying on the bed along side her, though I pushed myself as far away from her as I could.

I don't think I'd be able to control myself if she came any closer.

After watching the first twenty minutes of the movie in silence, I feel the bed start to shift. Without tearing my eyes from the screen, I notice her moving towards me. No notification, she lays her head on one side of my chest and drapes her arm over my abdomen to rest her hand on top of the other side. After adjusting for her own comfort, she snuggles her face into my body. On instinct, I protectively wrap my arms around her shoulders and bring her even closer to me.

What the hell am I doing? I'm practically killing myself here. Why am I doing this to myself. I can't control myself anymore and if I don't get out of here, I just might go crazy with lust.

Wait, I can't just leave, I'm in love with this girl for Christ sake.

***Little time skip***

I don't see how Faith loves this movie so much. She's been obsessed with the story of the Titanic since we were seven. She did too many book reports over it to count and has watched this movie a million times over. Personally, I always found it to be boring.

I stiffen a little when Jack begins to draw Rose and they end up having sex in the car. Not because I'm attracted to the naked woman, but because I so badly want that to be Faith. My toes curl at the thought. She would be amazing. She is just so beautiful and sexy. Perfection proportioned in every way and I- I have to stop this. Preferably before I fucking jump her bones. I need to go. Now.

Jesus! She is now almost completely on top of me. Her leg straddling me from the side and her upper.... region, fully placed over me. By the slight amount of drool I feel seeping through my shirt, I'm guessing she's asleep. I gently stroke her hair before hugging her tightly and rolling her off of me. Just like on Friends. Now I'm using things from one of her favorite shows. How whipped can I be? Wait I'm her best friend, I'm not whipped. I think.

After leaving a strong kiss on her forehead, I tug my converse back on and slip down the stairs, lightly closing her door behind me. Making my way down stairs and to the door, I hear voices coming from the living room.

Weren't we supposed to be alone?

Slowly walking into the foyer I find Faith's older brother Christian sitting on the couch playing Call of Duty: Black Ops with a few friends.

"Hey Sterling what's up. Whatcha' doing here?" He asked after turning to see me then turning back to his game.

"Um, Faith, invited me over because she thought you guys would be out all night and didn't want to be alone. Again..."

"Okay, well thanks man for keeping her company."

"No problem, she's my best friend. oh but he way she fell asleep so you might want to make sure your fairly quiet."

"Okay. If you want you can stay and play a couple rounds."

I would if that one person wasn't here. And I'm not talking about Faith or Christian. Its more so their new neighbor, who just so happens to be friends with Christian.

"No thanks, I'm just gonna head out. See u soon."

Before I walk out the door I steal a glance to the guy sitting in the love chair. Though I had nothing but ice in my heart towards him, I gave a pathetic smile towards him and the others before slamming the door on my way out.

If Kaden get near Faith, I just might kill him.