Chapter Fifteen: The Night After

~Faith's POV~

After last nights events it was hard to sleep having all these thoughts swirling around in my mind, but with the lack of sleep, it was even worse to get up.

Partially dragging myself, I finally got ready and met Kaden outside to go to P.E. Without saying a word, he drove us to the school. Once we reached the locker rooms we went our separate ways.

By the time I got into the gym, the teacher was yelling at us to split into two teams. Apparently the next couple weeks will be focused on basketball. Hey, at least it's a sport I know how to play. As soon as the captains had chosen the teams, me being on the 'Blue Team', the ball was thrown into the air and the game had begun. I really hope I have a good team, considering I have to cooperate with them for them next few weeks.

Soon enough, I was chasing members of the other team for control of the ball. As I followed some people from the other team I watched them gently throw it into the hoop it landed directly into the hands of Shane. Oh, forgot he was on my team. Guess I kinda got in the zone. I usually do when I play basketball.

Shane had finally been trapped between two guys, one being Chase and I couldn't recognize the other by his back. But when he took the ball from Shane and turned around to return the ball to his basket, I realized it was Kaden. He was on the other team, how did I not notice?

Every one else on my team was so far behind, I was the one who sprinted towards him trying to recover the ball for my team. I reached around to try to get the ball from him but failed and fell into his back. Damn, why does he have to be so big!

"Nice try Cambina."

"Anything is worth a try." Retorting, I once again tried to reach over his large, muscular torso. After another failed attempt, I came around to his front and tried to swipe the ball, this time successfully. "Don't underestimate me." As I twirl around him, I run to the opposite side of the court and effortlessly toss the ball in the hoop with a swish.

He regained the ball from underneath the basket with me right in front of him.

"You've got moves Cambina."

"I wasn't in the junior Olympics for nothing."

"Now, don't let that make you think that you can beat me in my own game. How else would I have gotten all those trophies?" So that's what they were from. We're both basketball stars? Ironic.

After speaking, Kaden immediately darted around me and slam dunked the ball in. Once again face to face, I dribbled, slowly scooting him backwards until a teammate was in range.

"Now Kaden, let's not think that you walk right over me. I can beat you with my eyes closed."

"You want to bet?"

"Hell yeah I do." The second those words escaped my mouth, I chest passed the ball to Shane and when Kaden went after the ball I dashed in the opposite direction. Soon I met back up with Shane at the basket and he bounced it to me. Taking all my might, I hopped up to the hoop and tossed it in, leaving myself hanging on the edge for a few seconds. Slam dunk baby!

Once I dropped, I turned around to see slightly surprised faces, but they all soon focused their eyes back to the game. All except Danielle, who was glaring at me. The entire game, so far, she has done nothing but stand in the middle of the court staring at her nails, talking to her pack of rats; who were all yelling at us people who were actually playing like we were supposed to. They would call us mongrels and scream every time we ran past them.

Those glorified Barbie dolls.

***

By now, the class was almost over. Kaden and I were so competitive and determined to beat the other, we dominated the game. Almost no one else even touched the ball. That kinda made me happy. I still got it!