Chapter Seven: A New Façade

~Faith's POV~

***Starting after Faith's and Sterling's conversation (refer to the last chapter)***

I feel Sterling's presence behind me as I once again walk to my bed. Slipping myself under the covers, I watch him take off his shoes and slide next to me, staying as far away as possible.

Whats up with him? Is it because of our kiss? I mean, he asked me to, and its not like it was a real kiss we didn't even move and we were just playing around. It means nothing. We've done this for years.

Whatever was going on with him, I would find out eventually.

I don't know how long we've been watching Titanic, but I can't focus on it. Me! Not being able to watch one of my favorites! Sterling you'll be in so trouble when you're out of this funk. Not that I could do anything to him. He's six foot one, fairly muscular and quite lean. He could sit on my stomach and knock the wind out of me. So I guess I'll just give him an earful.

I'm sick of this childish behavior. And with no reasoning.

I scoot myself over to him and I can see him watch me though he's trying not to make it seem that way. I don't care what he says or does, I'm doing it. As I lay my head on his chest and rest my hand on his upper torso, I feel him stiffen beneath me. He relaxed when his arms were around my shoulders,
putting me at ease as well. I then decided to curl my feet into his to warm them up.

I now, could enjoy watching young Leonardo DiCaprio prance around a gigantic ship sunk by an iceberg no one could find until the last second. Mm I love this story. The movie/ Leonardo DiCaprio's acting and face plus the amazingly true facts behind it. Though I'm finding it hard to keep my eyes open. Resting them for a couple minutes wouldn't be bad at all.

I soon find myself deeply asleep, whilst tucked in Sterling's arms.

***

While groggily opening my eyes, I begin to slowly realize what happened. I fell asleep with Sterling. Sterling. Apparently in my sleep I draped myself completely atop of him. Oh well he should be used to it by now.

He's really warm though, warmer than I remember from before I fell asleep. Enjoying his warmth, I cuddled closer to him, tightening my grip on his shirt that I'd slightly drooled on. This is what I needed. I decided to check if he was awake, but when I looked up at his face I screamed bloody murder while pushing myself off the other side of my bed and landing with a thud on the dark oak.

Kaden now sat on my bed, laughing his head off. If we're being honest, I hope it does fall off.

I stood up, rubbing my bottom from the harsh fall, and stared back at Kaden who couldn't control his overwhelming laughter. Which sounds more like a cackle. Folding my arms over my chest I begin to bombard him with questions.

"Where's Sterling and why are you here. And of all places, why in the world are you in my room. Especially when I'm home with just Sterling. And then you show up in my bed where I'm almost positive I was in with STERLING."

Gaining his composure and grinning evilly while putting his hands behind his head and laying back on my pillow, he answered me, "Lover boy left about half an hour ago and you weren't home alone. After going out, Christian thought it'd be nice to come back and stay the night, so here I am."

"Why are you hanging out with Christian?"

"He's one of my best friends love. Plus isn't it polite to invite the new neighbor over."

"The neighbors are here? Where are they?" I asked a little over excited.

"You're looking at 'em."

"What?"

"Don't act like you weren't staring at me move in this afternoon. You weren't exactly discrete. Not to mention you neglected the window across from yours while watching the door. But it's okay, I'm used to it, all the girls can't resist my sexy abbs."

"That was you? I- um, that... doesn't explain why you were in my bed." I practically shouted.

"Isn't it obvious?" Apparently not to me, "What better way to get to know someone than by sleeping with them."

I can't help but gag at the meaning hidden behind his words.

"You're disgusting."

"Oh come on babe, you didn't seem to mind it when you were laying on top of me while rubbing my chest."

"That's because I thought you were Sterling, wait, I was what now?"

"Hon, you were completely feeling me up. I had to remove your hands before you slid them down to my pants. Though I guess if you still wanted to do that I wouldn't mind." He remarked while smirking devilishly.

"No!" I yelled quickly.

"Your loss." He shrugged "So did you think about my offer?"

"What offer?"

"I think all that blonde is going to your head. What I talked to you about on the field today."

"Oh. I don't know. I still don't see why I'd be doing it."

"Well not only would you be getting both of our exes jealous, but you would be getting back at them as well."

"You're not gonna let me say no, are you." I asked as more of a statement.

"Nope." He replied, popping the 'P'.

"I guess it couldn't hurt anything... But there are a few things I want to clarify."

"Shoot."

"Okay, so how long do we have to keep it up?"

"Keep what up? My boner or fake dating? Cause if your offering... " Stopped himself for dramatic effect. He's so disgusting.

"Ew. Ew. Ew! Don't- just- no."

"As long as we want to."

"And the requirements?"

"We need to act like a real couple almost all the time. Making out, holding hands, going out in public and on dates."

I nodded my head to each thing he said, taking it all in. "Okay."

"Let me finish though, there's a catch." I stared at him to proceed. "Since this is a game, there has to be a goal. You're job is to try not to fall in love with with me I'll have to do the same."

"That shouldn't be hard." I retorted.

"But, if either of us fall for the other or one of us 'cheats' then the game is automatically over."

"What do I get when I win?"

"What makes you so sure you'll win?"

"You can't go a day without sex and it's not like you're getting any from me." I added snarkily. All he did was chuckle. Did he find this amusing, because I'm serious.

"Well what do you want IF you win?"

"I don't know."

"Well I know what I want."

"No. I'm not having sex with you."

"Awe babe you're no fun. Well how about you be my servant for the whole school year. And you'd have to do whatever I say, no questions asked."

"Deal, but when you're MY servant, I won't be so nice. "

"Wouldn't have it any other way," He shot me a wink. Ew. Finally he stood up and sauntered to my door, but stopped when he was half way out. "Oh and Faith, try not to fall in love with me."

Silently I thought to myself:
I promise you I won't.