Chapter Fourteen: Unexpected Happiness

~Faith's POV~

After a relaxing for two days at home, it was time for my date with Kaden. I had spent the last hour showering, doing my hair and makeup, all in a feeble attempt to look decent. I know we're not actually dating and that I hate his guts, but I do want to look good. Its a girl thing.

Once I add the finishing touches to my hair, I turned off the curling wand and make my way down stairs, heels in hand. Just as I made it down the threshold, the chime of our doorbell fills the house.

"It's for me!" When I open the door, standing in front of me is a well cleaned up Kaden. With his hair puffed up and a white button up shirt matched with dark jeans and grey Vans, he actually doesn't look bad. Not bad at all. Doesn't every girl love it when a guy rolls his long sleeves up to his elbow, or is that just me. And that tight cotton shows off every curve of every one of his muscles.

What am I saying? Yeah he looks nice, but what of it? He's just slightly dressed up. For a date. Our date. Right, our date.

"You look gorgeous."

I could feel the heat in my cheeks rise as I responded. "Thank You."

He leaned on an elbow in the doorway and just looked me up and down.

"Chrissy, I'm leaving for my date."

"Okay, be safe." He yelled out from the living room. Psh, he probably didn't even look away from the dang T.V.

After walking out of the house and locking the door behind me, Kaden led me over to his house and inside the garage.

"I swear if you even try to put me on that motorcycle I will end you."

"Oh come on Cambina, it'll give the guys behind us a nice view as we're driving. Plus you wouldn't hurt such a sexy human being."

"No."

"Fine we'll take the car again." Ever since my first experience on his motorcycle, Kaden hasn't made me ride it. Instead he's been driving me around in his classic, old red mustang. Although I swear it's from 1968, it's a nice car with a good paint job, that runs perfectly.

"Do you mind if I keep the top down, your highness?"

I shook my head as he pulled the switch that let the top half of the car fall down.

As we glide through the other cars and over the highway, my mind wonders to wear he might be taking me. He told me to dress nice, but he could have told me that so I would look weird where we were going or so he could somehow watch my dress fly up.

My sprawling thoughts came to a halt as the car did at the front of an Italian restaurant. A FANCY Italian restaurant. He was serious. Who would've thought he actually was taking me on a date, or any girl for that matter.

He doesn't exactly seem like the type of guy to take a girl out. More of a 'hit her and dodge her afterwards' persona, but not actually HIT her just, I know what I mean.

As I step out of the car, Kaden meets me around the front. He walks a little bit ahead of me as we approach the restaurant and opens the door for the both of us.

When we reach the front desk, an older man looks up from his work and smiles at us.

"Prenotazione per due con il nome di Amante."

"Sissignore, proprio in questo modo."

What? Are they speaking Italian? How am I supposed to order if I can't speak Italian! I'll have to thank, then kill Kaden for taking me here.