Chapter Eighteen: Complete Preparation

A/N: Sorry the pics are small, but all the girls outfits are above, along with the homecoming king and queen stuff!;)

~Faith's POV~

"WHAT?!?! You signed me up for what?!?!" My yells are so loud, they could be heard from china. I am so beyond furious right now, that I could rip someone's head off right now. I usually try not to be so vulgar sounding, but that's just how angry I am. And for her, of all people to do this to me, I just- I can't believe that she would do it.

"Oh come on it's not that bad!"

"You know that's a lie and you know how bad my fear is."

"Well it's too late, you can't back out now."

"Watch me." In a huff I turned to other way and started to strut off, before a hand reached out to me and grabbed my arm, turning me back around.

"You wouldn't do that, you know what it brings in for charity. Please Faith, you're amazing and I know you'll bring in a ton of money for the cause."

"But I can't, you know I can't. I'll just donate."

"You're extremely talented and you should show people that."

I took a moment to think over her words. she really thinks I can do this, doesn't she? Maybe I just need to take a leap of faith and do it. What if I freeze again though? What if I do worse this time? I guess I have to do it sometime, sooner or later. I just wish it was later. I mean, getting over a fear is hard, but I just don't think that I have the strength to do it. Lexi won't take no for an answer, so either way, I have to try. There's no way I can win, but at least I would have done it and hopefully have proved myself wrong in the process.

"Fine Lexi. I'll do it. But if I pass out on stage again I'm going to murder you."

"Yay! Thank you Faith! That's why I love you!" She squealed, pulling me into a tight side hug.

"Yeah, yeah, whatever. Let's just go get Teri and get our homecoming dresses." We finally hoped into her car and left my driveway.

I guess my next project for the week is figuring out what to sing for the talent show that Lexi took it upon herself to enter me in.

***

After a long day of shopping, I still haven't found my homecoming dress. I want something that pops. That's different. That no one else would have, but I want it to be classy, and not stand out too much. I just haven't found it yet.

On the other hand, Teri and Lexi both found their dresses and we decided to go have lunch to replenish our strength before continuing our search for my perfect dress. It seems as though I'm always the last person to decide on a dress. Well anyway, we stopped by the food court and sat down with our food.

For such small girls, we eat a lot. I mean, it's normal for people to eat a full meal, but to eat a full meal and still be hungry, that's gotta be like some kind of talent. Right? We're not model perfect kind of skinny, especially not after how much we ate, but that's still a lot for girls of our size. Oh well, it was well worth it!

Once we were finished, we stayed in our seats gabbing about anything and everything. Mostly our first few days of school, which turned into another conversation about homecoming.

"I kind of just want this week over. Especially the talent show," Lexi rolled her eyes at my comment. "I don't even know what song to sing and I have three days to practice. I'm so screwed."

"What's your favorite song at the moment?" Teri questioned.

"She doesn't have a favorite song. She loves so many she can never chose just one." Lexi interjected, answering for me. "You know, you don't exactly make things easy for yourself." She giggled, directing her opinion at me.