Chapter Sixteen: Last Day of Freedom

^^^The last of Kaden's tattoos is above, but that's not what it actually says, it's just what it would look like!^^^

~Faith's POV~

Okay so I may be a little of a planner.

I'm pretty sure I have everything you could ever need at a bonfire all set up. Between food, drinks, seating, and the fire itself, I think we're covered.

It's already six forty eight, they'll all be here soon. Mentally groaning, I made my way up stairs to go change. Quickly I stripped down to my bra and underwear while finding another outfit to wear. I started to put it on before a voice from behind startled me, "I didn't realize it was that kind of bonfire, I would've been over much sooner."

Instinctively, I found whatever I could, to cover me up, which in my case was only a large t-shirt, and spun around with a squeal to look at the source of my dismay. Which of course, was Kaden stinking Amante leaning out of his window as far as he could into my room.

"Leave me alone pervert!" I squealed, trying to stretch the shirt over my whole body.

"Not my fault, your window was open," he defended.

"That I can fix!" I growled out angrily. I simply walked over to the window and tugged it down, pulling the drapes afterward.

After mumbling a few more angry words to myself, I got dressed and headed back outside to the bonfire site. The grill was being manned by Christian. And if I say so myself, it smells pretty amazing, but Christian has always made the best hamburgers and hotdogs.

He learned from our dad. Doesn't that bring back memories?

As I sat myself on a log, I noticed Kaden approaching us along with all the boys and Teri. While they were still sauntering over, Teri practically galloped to me to give out a giant bear hug. This girl at be small, but she almost has the same strength as Kaden.

When the boys reached us, they greeted me with smiles, head nods, and another giant bear hug, this time from Chase. He spun me around, my feet grazing the grass, before putting me back down.

"I haven't seen you like forever Faith!" Chase mocked in a high pitched girly voice, and a bad one at that.

"Shut up butt munch,"

"Oooh, finally getting creative with our insults, are we?" I lightly shoved him in response. "Hey! No need to be so violent."

"I'm being bullied so it's self defense." As I retorted, I childishly stuck my tongue out at him then crossed my arms over my chest and turned my back to him. Childish indeed.

"Oh come on Faith, don't be like that." To torture him, well kind of, I stayed silent. "I'm sorry for whatever I said that pissed you off again."

Before I could turn around to respond, a voice beckoned from across the yard that brought my attention to it, and everyone else's for that matter. "Did I hear that right? Did THE Chase Rider just apologize to MY best friend?"

Oh Lexi, why do you have to be so dramatic?

Currently walking into my festive backyard, were my two best friends, Lexi and Sterling. I got a quick hug from the both of them before we all settled on the log seats I had placed around the soon to be fire.

***

The sky's brilliant bright lights have died down and now the only light in the area is coming from our marvelous bonfire. Everyone has grouped off and sat around the fire, involved in there own little conversations. On one log was Lexi and Sterling, and to the their left, but my right, by Sterling, was Christian, Logan and Teri on their own log. On the log by them was Chase and then Shane. The next log over was Kaden and I, thanks to the work of Lexi. Then on my other side was Chris and Jamie and on the last log between them and Lexi and Sterling were Tori and Riley.