Chapter Twenty Two: Sweet Treats

~Faith's POV~

"Come on. He wants you there," Kaden pleaded.

"You're just trying to get me to come. I do not want to be surrounded by a bunch of hormonal teenage boys more than I already am."

His arms came down on the counter on either side of my body, enclosing me in, so that I couldn't walk away from him. Trapped, I turn around to face Kaden as he speaks, "No, he asked for you personally. I think he's really taken a like to you. Please. You don't even have to stay the full time."

"If I say yes will you finally let me leave my kitchen?"

"No."

"Why not?"

"I kind of like this position." He said, smirking and leaning his head closer to mine.

"That sounds like a you problem," Giving him sass, I used my fingertips to push his chest away as I spoke and crossed my arms over my chest in victory.

"Then maybe you could help with that problem."

Without any kind of warning I was being roughly pushed against the countertop by my waist. I became flushed and could feel the heat radiating from his chest. His hands that were resting on my waist sent a shock throughout my body, leaving me with a light headed feeling. Due to the quick movements, I had to grab something, and my arms automatically went up and grabbed onto his shoulders, temporarily keeping myself stable.

We were so close. Too close. This wasn't safe proximity at all. My body was enveloped in warmth, but I don't think it was warm in the way of temperature. I then spoke in attempt to get out of the unwanted feeling. As I did so, I stared into his eyes and my lips rubbed against his.

"You know, part of our game says that we only need to act like a couple in front of others." As soon as I finished, I felt his grip tighten on my waist and he pulled the bottom half of his body even closer to mine. My breath caught in my throat. I think I made it worse.

"Are you scared?"

With shaky breaths, I replied, "What is there to be afraid of?"

"That maybe this isn't just a game anymore..."

Just as I inhaled an unsteady breath, Kaden's lips connected with mine. The moment they touched it was almost as though it was full of passion. Maybe that's what it was, I don't know, but it was something. As cliché as it sounds, we moved in sync. Pushing ourselves against each other heatedly and leaving no space between us. He was in control as always, but I was just along for the ride.

It continued for a minute, until he moved his lips from mine, slowly moving to my jaw.

"If you're not gonna leave my kitchen could you at least help me cook?" As he was leaving trail of kisses down my neck and I had a hard time speaking normally.

Mumbling against the tender skin he retorted, "I'd rather not, I could think of some better things to do with my hands."

I felt a chill go down my spine. "I'd rather not," I managed to push away from him and walk to the other side of the kitchen where all my supplies were laid out and started working. I could hear him groan after I did, and grew nervous as his audible footsteps drew closer. Speaking erratically, I tried to diverge from recent activity, "And anyway I really need to cook tonight's dinner and make sweets for your brothers party tonight..."

Hearing his footsteps come to a halt, I waited for a reply. Instead, I felt all of my hair being shifted to my left shoulder. Suddenly I could feel his lips on my neck again. What's up with him? He's acting strange. Right? I mean, he's never done anything like this.