Chapter Two: One Terrific Night

~Faith's POV~

After 3 more cups, I couldn't feel anything. I was completely numb and liked it. I wasn't being controlling or acting overly responsible. I was just having fun. Just being me. Only this isn't me. It's the better, less stressed, fun, version of me. Way better than the original. Everyone at the party seems to to think so too.

"Let's go dance!" I yell out to Lexi. I pulled her off of the barstool, sending her stumbling on the ground. The music blasted through the speakers, making the pounding clear in my eardrums.

THUMP. THUMP. THUMP.
BOOM. BOOM. BOOM.

We maneuver through the sweaty bodies and manage to slip into the middle of the dance floor. With barely enough room, we move our bodies to the beat. Heat radiates off of everyone, creating our own personal sauna. By now I've lost Lexi, and I can't see her anywhere. Honestly though, right now, I couldn't care less. No worries. All that matters right now is this beat and the amazing feeling I have.

I feel someone new's presence behind me, but pay no attention to them until their hands firmly grip my waist. They pulled me closer to them leaving no space between he and my backside. I didn't care, I just moved to the beat. The music sped up, faster and faster.

I stopped in my tracks when the person who's presence I forgot about, spoke in my ear.

"Hey, let's go up stairs."

Who the... Who would- wait I know those hazel eyes. Sterling. Why though? What the heck! Maybe he's just really drunk. He doesn't know what he's doing. yeah, that's it. There is only one problem with my theory.

He doesn't drink...

"What?"

"Just come." And with that he removed his hands from my waist and in place to my hand in his, now leading me upstairs.

Every step gets harder and harder to take without falling over. Wow I'm really drunk. We pass multiple teens just as drunk, unconsciously giggling as I do. Some were making out while others were puking in and around the hall. That's disgusting. As I'm taking in my surroundings, I soon find that Sterling has drug me into a dark room at the very end of the hallway.

"What are we doing here Sterling?" He closed the door behind me and slowly inched his way towards me from the other side of the room.

"Don't act like you don't know." He was serious.

"I honestly don't." As he was about a foot away I started backing up. At least until I hit the wall that is.

"Come on Faith."

"What?"

"You were obviously sending me signals." He was an inch away. Our noses touching at the tips. Just then, he closed the gap and brought his lips to mine in a rough, lust filled kiss. What?! Why is he kissing me?
More importantly, why aren't I pulling away?
I can't. I'm being pressed against a wall. I have to do something. How long have we been kissing? Okay, if I don't push him away now he might get the wrong idea.

I press my palms lightly against his chest, hoping he'd get the point. He didn't.
I pushed harder now making enough room for me to speak, but he moved his lips down to my neck, leaving rough kisses along the length of it. I shut my eyes hard, not daring to let tears fall from them.

"Sterling. Sterling stop. Stop!" He looked down at me with sad eyes.

"Why?"

"We can't. I can't. I don't know what signals you think I was sending you, but it doesn't matter because we can't do this. This can't happen between us."