Chapter One: A New Start

~Faith's POV~

"Get your ass down here now or we'll be late!"
Ugh! It's the last day of school and I don't see what the big deal is. Lexi should really stop yelling at me so early in the morning. It only puts me in a worse mood.

As I put my last little flick of eye liner on, Lexi barges through my door. She stands in the doorway with her arms crossed against her chest glaring at me while I grab my backpack and head towards her. When I finally reach her, she turns on her heel with a high pitched grunt and flips her long hair into my eyes. Ow! She literally has no patience. "I'm leaving with Lexi, see you at school Chrissy!" I yell to my older brother, Christian, before scrambling out the door. Practically skipping, Lexi leads me to her car parked in my driveway. Gosh I swear she is bipolar. Riding to school, I decided to put the top down and enjoy the summer air. It's so nice out. The morning sun shining on my pale face. The smell of freshly cut, bright green grass filling my nose. The fluffy, white clouds floating in the ocean blue sky, but everything good comes to an end. The beauty ends when I look down from the sky to see the school in my view. Hesitantly, I jumped out of Lexi's car and walked around the front of it, towards the school.

"See ya later babe," Lexi yelled out to me with a wink, while sauntering the opposite direction.

"Toodles!" Winking back at her, I turned around and ran face first into someone's really hard chest. And now I'm on my butt, perfect. I scrunched my nose while looking up to see who's chest I just assaulted with my face. Only to see Kaden Amante looking down at me with a death glare, he spat out, "Watch it babe!" Babe? Ew.

"Sorry. I wasn't paying attention," I replied helping myself up. Wiping my butt off, I quietly muttered a sarcastic, thanks, but was interrupted by Kaden's low growling voice.

"Obviously."

That little... Ugh! Before I even knew was speaking, I blurted out a retort, "excuse me?!?"

He stopped walking and turned back to me. "You heard me babe," he scowled.

I brought myself closer to him. My face barely 2 inches from his own. "Babe! I am not your babe!"

"I bet you wish you were." I scrunched my face up at the thought. I would never be one of his delusional sluts that find themselves lucky to get with him. Before I could respond a hand was wrapped around my waist and a voice spoke up.

"Is there a problem here?" I knew that voice anywhere, any day, and at any time. Alec. My boyfriend's soothing voice made me less tense the second I heard it. He pulled me a couple feet away before giving Kaden a death glare. Kaden fell off the balls of his feet, now slowly rocking on his heels without looking away from Alec. His cold eyes stared into Alec's soft blue ones for what seemed like and hour, though it was only a few seconds.

Tension building, Kaden to a step back and before turning around, he sput out a, "Just make sure your little girlfriend watches where she's walking." After a short, cold glance at me, he barges though the other students that wouldn't walk at his same speed, disappearing in the sea of hormonal students.

"Are you okay?"

"Yes Alec. Thank you." I replied sighing.

"No problem hon. Please don't get involved with Kaden again. He's bad news."

"I don't plan on it. I just ran into him on accident and he pissed me off. If you didn't show up he probably would have a red mark on the side of his face in the shape of a hand." I giggled to myself at the thought of seeing that. That would make my year.

"Okay sweetie, I love you." After being together for a year, almost two, I still can't get used to hearing him say that. He then proceeded to close the gap between us, his lips drawing dangerously close. I pushed through that last centimeter between us and lightly pressed our lips together for only a a second before pulling away.