Story 19: Trafficked

Jesus is walking down the street at night. He stops and hears a girl screaming for help. He runs in the direction of the screaming and sees two men grabbing a woman and attempting to shove her into a van. Righteous anger fills Jesus and he sprints towards the van so fast that he appears like a blur. He grabs the woman and attempts to pry her away from the two men.

"What the hell are you doing?!" One of the men screams.

Jesus does not respond. He manages to pull the girl and free her from their grip. He kisses the woman in her forehead.

"They were going to-"

"Shhh. You're safe now. Go!"

The woman runs off and Jesus turns to the men who were trying to kidnap the woman.

"Who the hell do you think you are?" One of the men yells.

The anger inside Jesus subsides and his face turns to sadness.

"Do you have any idea who we are?!"

"I do actually," Jesus says.

The man is stunned by his answer. The other guy is also stunned. Suddenly the man pulls out a pistol and aims it at Jesus.

"Yeah right! Give me one good reason why the hell I shouldn't shoot you right f****ing now?!" The man yells.

"Because I love you," Jesus says.

The man with the gun is speechless. He slowly lowers the gun down.

"If you know who we are then you wouldn't!"

"But I do, Billy!"

Billy drops the gun to the floor in astonishment. The other guy's mouth drops to the floor.

"How the hell does he know your name?" The other guy asks.

"I know your name also, Frank," Jesus says.

Frank's eyes widen in disbelief.

"No one knows my real name. How could you?! Who the hell are you?!"

Jesus smiles.

"I am Jesus Christ!"

The two guys fall to the ground laughing.

"Yeah right?! He is dead! He died a long time ago!"

"Did I? Were you there when it happened?"

Frank and Billy look at each other.

"I am the Son of God and you can choose to believe that or not! However, I am here for a reason from my Father."

"What makes you think that we are going to listen to you "Jesus?" We don't care about your moral values or beliefs! Nothing is going to change what we do?"

"So you enjoy being in this business?"

"Yes!"

"Does it give you pleasure abducting those woman?"

Billy and Frank think for a moment.

"We just care about the money!"

A sad face enters Jesus' eyes.

"Okay. I understand. I will leave you to it then."

Jesus walks away from the two men and leave them to think about what has transpired.