I Can Save You

Thursday October 11, 6:50 AM- Japan National Hospital, Room 470

"He's here," Hizashi says.

"Who?" Shota asks, looking up from where his head is resting pn Hizashi's shoulder.

"Kaminari."

"Oh," Shota replies loosing interest and dropping his head back down on his shoulder.

He hesitates before asking, "Should we invite him in?"

"No," Shota replies plainly.

"Please?"

"No, we already talked about this Hizashi."

"No we didn't. You did." Hizashi replies timidly.

"What's that supposed to mean?"

"Nothing, just... I wanna help him."

Shota removes his head and steps away from Hizashi.

"So do I."

"Then why are you ignoring this solution?"

"Why are you ignoring the risks?" Shota shoots back.

"Shota...," Hizashi almost whispers as his gaze drifts back over to his sleeping son, "he could die."

"As long as that kid doesn't touch him," Shota mumbles under his breath, but of course Hizashi catches it.

"What?"

"Nothing."

"No, you just said you'd rather our son DIE than let some kid you have a stupid vendetta against help him."

"Calm down-,"

"Don't tell me to calm down, I am calm. You need to get your priorities straight Shota. And maybe you should be less calm. I'd thought you'd understand the severity of this but I guess I was wrong."

Shota grimaces to the ceiling mouthing something to himself before storming off. Hizashi takes a deep inhale before going down the hallway to retrieve Denki.

7:20 AM- Room 414

"So let me get this straight," I say placing my hands on the table, "you want, me, to electrocute Shinsou until he gets better?"

"Essentially," Mr. Mic responds, "yes."

"Dude, are you bonkers?"

"Is that really any way to speak to your mother?"

"Sorry," I apologize, "Dudette, are you bonkers?"

"Much better," he says with a proud smile.

I wish I'd had a conversation with him sooner. Something about him is just so comforting, like he'd be proud of me no matter how much I screw up. Maybe he really is secretly my mother. Anything would be better than my actual one.

"But seriously," Mr. Mic continues on, "it could really help him. Using electricity to treat concussions is an actual thing. It's not common though because it's so hard to control the current, but with your quirk it could really work."

"I don't know Mr. Mic. I don't have very good control yet, I don't wanna hurt him."

"Me neither," he responds wistfully looking ahead of himself in no particular direction.

We stay silent, not saying anything, but I feel like I can hear him thinking. He seems so concerned. In some weird way it's endearing. Like, he just met Shinsou when he joined our class like a few days ago. Maybe it's just a Shinsou thing, it makes sense. I mean what's there not to like about him. Well nothing I guess if he dies here...

"Do you really think I can do it?" I question.

Mr. Mic puts a hand on my shoulder and says, "Yes."

"What do I do?" I ask him and his eyes light up.

8:30 AM

"I think you're ready kid," Mr. Mic says turning to me with a bright and proud smile.

"Ok, but just one more," I protest wanting to practice for just a little longer.

"You've been at this for hours. You've got it," he assures me.

"It can't hurt to give it one more go," I protest grabbing another battery.

Mr. Mic snatches it from my hand though and tucks in in his pocket. He turns me around and pushes me out the door by my shoulders. We leave the room full of batteries, some totally exploded and leaking battery acid, some dead and charred, and some charged to perfection. The two of us walk down the corridor to what seems like nowhere. Each and every door looks exactly the same. The lights are separated at equal distances from eachother just like the grayish white tiles on the floor.

Being in a hospital is nothing like it is on TV. Surprisingly I've never been here before, not because I didn't need to but because my parents are the walk it off type. It's only ever gotten worse when my sisters got older because they basically don't feel pain so when I got hurt they'd always compare me to them. I'm surprised Kanpeki even brought me here. I kinda like it though. It's so quiet and peaceful. Well as long as you don't think about the people on the other sides of the doors. Anyone of them could be dying. Anyone one could be.... Shinso.

I have shoutouts but they're gonna have to wait cuz I'm with a Fren and also I'm lazy. But thank you all so mush for all ur lovely and hilarious comments and all of the love(and nearly 2k reads or whateva *debby Ryan face*) ok bye dudes hopefully I'll update sooooon :3