Nice to Meet You

Monday October 8, 8:00 AM- UA High school, Class 1-A

"I'm Hitoshi Shinsou," I introduce apathetically.

"Nobody cares," I hear someone mumble.

"Detention Bakugo," Mr. Aizawa says with a bored tone.

"I didn't even do anything!" he argues, lunging forwards while still in his seat.

"Trash duty too," he adds.

Bakugo leans back defeated and grumbles under his breath while a group of boys snicker at him from their places at their desks.

"Everyone be nice to your new classmate. You're to make him feel welcomed."

I make my way towards the only empty seat which conveniently for me is directly in the middle of the classroom, and in the very front row.

Mr. Aizawa turns around and starts scribbling something on the board. The sound of the chalk is grating. In general studies we always had giant monitors the teachers would right on. We got all the hand-me-downs from the support course. I never really knew why they never gave them to the hero course but I also didn't care.

Before the goosebumps on my skin form goosebumps of their own a light tap momentarily distracts me. A hand appears next to me with a piece of paper and I take it. I turn around to see who handed it to me and it's a girl with big black eyes and frizzy pink hair. She smiles before her face drops and she points anxiously towards the front. I do too and it's just in time too. Mr. Aizawa faces the class once again, not having seen the note, and begins his teaching. I read the note as I try to subtly unfold it underneath my desk.

My names Mina!! You're like super new so you can sit with my friends and I. You'll definitely like them pinkie swear. Now pay attention or you'll get like 5000 years of trash duty. Byyyyyyyye :3

I smile a little. It's the small things in life that get me. I pocket the note and pull out one of my notebooks so I can actually start to take notes. This is after all one of the hardest courses to pass in all of Japan.

12:00 PM

Once the lunch bell finally rings I'm more than relieved. It feels like my hand is so cramped it might fall off. They get so much content packed into such little time here. I have to write at the speed of light just to keep up.

"Hiya!" the pink haired girl exclaimed in a high voice from beside me.

"Hey," I say.

It comes out more irritated than I mean, but I don't think she notices.

"Cmon, I want you to meet everyone!"

She pulls me up by my arm and leads me over to a group of guys talking by the door.

"Guys this is obviously Shinsou," she starts, "Shinsou this is Eijiro Kirishima," she points to a kid with tall red hair, "Hanta Sero," she points to a guy with long black hair, "and..." she pauses. "Where's Denki?"

The two boys look at each other like they've been holding their breath for twenty minutes straight before bursting out into laughter.

"Oh my god. Did you guys really?"

All they can do is nod their heads as their cackles overwhelm their bodies and turn their faces bright read.

"That is not right. You know Aizawa's gonna ride him for this," Mina scolds, but it looks as though she's trying not to join in with the two laughing boys.

"We couldn't help it, he was basically asking for it!" Sero manages to croak between laughs.

"Uh, what's happening?" I ask, confused.

Mina turns to me and rolls her eyes.

"Denki has an electric quirk. It's like crazy strong. He also sleeps with his mouth open." She glares at the two who are still laughing, and at this point have tears streaming down their faces. "They like to charge their things on him. The thing is when he's asleep he's already low on voltage which means they took all his juice and he's pretty much blacked out for the next few hours."

At that the two start to laugh even louder. Mina slaps their arms but eventually joins in on the laughing. It is soon stopped however by a certain grumpy teacher.

He sits up from behind his podium while still wrapped up in his yellow sleeping bag and says, "You're being too loud. Go eat lunch. Or don't. Just get out."

After he finishes he flips back down on the floor and immediately starts snoring again. The group walks out of the classroom and down the hallway to the cafeteria.

5:20 PM- Yamada Household

"My pride and joy!" my Papa screams as I arrive home.

"Ow, Papa, too loud."

I give him a hug and go into our kitchen. I hear him asking my dad how his day was as he enters after me. I sit down at the dinner table after making myself a bowl of cereal and starting to eat it.

"How was your first day Kiddo?" Papa questions.

"Did anyone give you a hard time?" Dad asks immediately clutching one of his bindings.

"No Dad." I say laughing a little.

"Good. But if they do-,"

"He said no Shouta," Papa soothes placing a hand on top of Dad's.

"He could be lying Hizashi," he not so secretly whispers.

"Trust him," he rebuttals, "plus, nobody would be stupid enough to mess with our son," he smirks.

"I can hear both of you."

"No you can't," Papa says.

"Yes I can."

"You wanna feel what hearing sounds like boy?" He asks.

"Oh no," Dad and I say in unison.

We don't have time to prepare before Papa screams as loud as he can- which is really loud. He shatters my bowl of cereal and cracks all of the glasses in the cabinets and a few windows.

Dad glares and him and he's immediately cut off.

"This is the third time this week," he seethes, pulling Papa closer to him with his bindings.

"Sorry," he meekly apologizes. "I love you," he tacks on, kissing his nose.

My dad blushes and reluctantly releases Papa.

"Clean this up," he commands before walking upstairs.

He tries to hide his smile but I catch the upwards turned corners of his mouth as he's walking up the stairs.

"Isn't he wonderful," Papa swoons.

"Not as wonderful as my cereal was," I sulk following my dad up the stairs.