Glitter 2/2

"My name is Toshi," the boy introduces.

"Mine is Denki."

"Hi Denki!" Toshi waves with a bright smile.

Denki nervously returns it, waving a little too.

"Can I touch your hair?" Denki asks out of nowhere.

"Okay," Toshi agrees cheerfully, bending his head down to let Denki touch his hair.

Toshi's hair is a purple and overgrown mess covering his eyes and most of his face. It looks like it may not have been brushed in a few days but it's still extremely soft and fluffy.

"Your hair is so soft," Denki awes.

"Thank you. My dad says that I get it from my mom. He says that she used to have soft hair."

"Woah cool," Denki praises again.

"Do you wanna meet my friends?" Toshi asks.

"Ok!" Denki agrees without even having to think about it.

Toshi grabs his hand but before the two boys can go off Kanpeki finally finds him.

"Denki!" He calls running towards his baby brother.

"Peki!" He exclaims excitedly.

"Denki I was so worried."

"Peki, I made a new friend. This is Toshi!"

Kanpeki gets down in front of the two small children and extends his hand.

"It is nice to meet you Toshi, I'm Kanpeki. How are you?" He asks.

"I'm ok," he responds.

"Good."

Kanpeki stands ruffling his hair and then picks up Denki.

"Let's get you back to mom."

"No I wanna stay with Toshi," he protests.

"We can come back for him once mom knows you're okay, alright?"

Denki reluctantly nods his head.

"Wait right here Toshi okay? I'll be back."

Denki digs through the pockets on his onsie until he finds a small bottle.

"I want you to have this."

It's a bottle of glitter, with big yellow stars in it. Toshi reaches up to grab it out of his hand but obviously can't reach it from his height on the ground. Kanpeki kneels down, lowering he and Denki to Toshi's level. He hands it off to his new friend and another smile grows on his face.

"Thank you!" Toshi says.

He pries at the cap of the bottle hoping to to see the stars that are inside up close. Eventually he opens it but the stars explode out and go everywhere, all over the ground and on Denki and Kanpeki, but mostly in Toshi's hair and clothes.

"Sorry," he apologizes putting the cap back on to save what's left of the glitter.

"It's ok." Denki laughs. "I'll always be able to find you now. You're sparkly."

Toshi laughs too as Kanpeki stands back up with Denki still in his arms.

"Don't forget to come back okay?"

"I won't." Denki replies with a smile as his brother carries him away.

"Did you like my new friend?" He asks Kanpeki after awhile.

"Yes I did Toshi. He seems very nice."

The two rejoin with the rest of their family who are all gathered together. When they arrive Kanpeki puts Denki down and he then runs to his mother, grabbing her leg.