Answer

"Will you be my boyfriend?"

My mind goes blank.

What did he just say to me? Did he just ask me to, be his boyfriend?

"Toshi I can feel you thinking from here." Denki laughs.

"Sorry."

"Remember what I said when we first met?"

"Why did nobody tell me the new kid was so hot?" I guess, still flustered.

"No- well yes- but no. I told you that you think to much."

"Oh."

Denki grabs both of my hands and interlocks our fingers. 

"When I asked you that just now, what was the first thing you felt."

"I don't know? Anxiety?"

"Why?"

"Why would you ask me something like that?"

"Toshi," Denki places a hand on my cheek.

"Stop trying to figure out what I'm thinking. It doesn't matter. And if it did I'd tell you. What do you want. And don't think about it, just first thing that comes to your mind."

Denki smiles and I just look at his sweet somehow glowing face. I think about his words and ask myself what I want. When I ask myself that a person immediately pops into my head and I know the answer. I duck my head under the desk and kiss Denki. It's more of a head butt of the mouth than a kiss but that doesn't stop Denki from pulling me closer with the hand conveniently placed on my cheek. When we pull away I look him in the eye. All of my nervousness is gone and I somehow feel lighter. I feel like I can think straight and that everything is simple.

"I want you."

"Buy a girl a coffee first Shinsou."

I realize what I said and try to apologize but Denki just kisses me again.

"I know what you meant," he smiles when we pull away, his forehead rests against mine.

I pull Denki close to me in a hug. I feel happy. Really really happy.

"Hey, if you two are boinking in there you might wanna finish up. Lunch is almost over." Mina calls from outside the door.

Denki looks to it confused about where she came from and I just laugh.

"She helped me find you."

I see him roll his eyes as we stand up.

"I swear if she didn't give me food so often I'd report her for being a stalker."

After School—

"Hi boyfriend," I hear Denki whisper in my ear.

"Get off that tickles."

"I'm sorry did I just hear the word boyfriend?" Mina inquires.

"Sure did. I've claimed this one as my own." He brags gesturing to me like a car sales person.

Mina smacks him violently on the back of the head followed by Sero and Kirishima who do the same until he ends up in the floor. I can practically see stars around his head. Before I can get down and help him he shoots up angrily.

"What what that for!" He yells.

"Why didn't you tell us dummy?" Sero scolds.

"I just did!" He argues.

"You know what we mean," Mina complains.

"I'm sorry, did you want a plane to fly by your house announcing it?"

"Really Denki? That's actually really considerate of you; I'd love that," Kirishima says from beside Mina.

"Sarcasm idiot!"

Denki chops Kirishima on the head but he hardens before he makes contact and Denki falls to the floor clutching his hand. This time he stays down long enough that I get down by his side.

"Are you okay?" I ask.

He looks up to me and hums, "I am now."

I laugh at his joke, still feeling weird and flustered when he compliments me like that.

"You know you're adorable when you blush."

"Gross. Get a room you two."

"Don't mind if I do," Denki says cheerfully springing up.

"My place?" He asks looking at me as I stand up too.

"Uh, sure. Let me ask my parents."

"Ooo kinky."

"Mina go make out with your imaginary boyfriend."

"I already told you, Sozojo is just studying abroad in America."

"Yeah to get away from you."

Mina is about to fully lunge at Denki but Kirishima pulls her back.

"We're gonna go to the arcade. You guys can come if you'd like," he says with a friendly face that contrasts the death glare Denki is getting from Mina at the moment. The two walk out of the classroom with Sero and we leave shortly after once I get permission from my parents to go over to Denki's house.

As we walk down the sidewalk on the way to his place he skips along happily while never letting go of my hand.

"I'm so glad you're coming over." He says smiling at me.

"Me too." I smile back.

When we get to his place we take off our shoes at the front door unlike last time. We talk idly about nothing in particular until two girls, older than Denki but still young walk up to us.

"Who is this, Denki?"