Acetone

Tuesday October 9, 5:35 PM- UA High School

"So you said you can get this stuff off of my face?"

"Uh, yea I can- hey isn't class that way." I point out when Denki starts walking down the hallway in the opposite direction of our class.

"Class is that way and my house is this way," he smiles back at me.

"But-,"

"Shush Toshi."

He silences me by putting a finger over my lips and grinning really close to my face. He grabs my hand again and pulls me while running full speed out of the school. It's a cold day outside but the sun is bright and the sky is a vivid blue. He runs down the middle of the street laughing the whole time. His thick hair blows in the wind he creates and every now and then when he turns around it covers his face, but never that smile. The fact that we could be hit by a car any second takes a back seat to Denki's brightly flushed cheeks and sparkling eyes. I only catch glances of him and that is all I need. Any longer looking at him and I don't know if I'd ever be able to look away. Something about him makes me want more.

6:05 PM- Kaminari Residence

We eventually make it to his house and go inside. He takes me downstairs to the basement. It was extremely dark in the staircase but as we walk further into the basement it's illuminated by the windows letting light in on the far wall. Denki flops down on his bed and looks up at me as I walk over to him.

"I don't know what you need to get this crap off but there's a bunch of makeup stuff in my bathroom."

He points to a door across from his bed and I go into it. The counter is covered in rubber bands, barrettes, bobby-pins and blonde hairs. I kneel down and look through the cabinets beneath the sink. I don't see anything that would remove the tattoo except acetone which 100% should not be on his face. (A/N please please please don't put acetone anywhere near or on your face, don't even put that shit on your nails if you have a choice)

I take the acetone bottle in my hand and say, "There's nothing in here that can get that off, except acetone but-,"

"Ok, that'll work," Denki says appearing next to me and snatching the bottle.

"Wait you can't-,"

"Can't what?" He asks already rubbing the tattoo on his face off with his acetone covered fingers.

"Denki!" I scream trying to get the bottle away from him.

He steps away from me as I shoot up with a confused look on his face, so I go after him anticipating for him to move away again. I overcompensate and run directly into him. He falls onto the floor with the open bottle of acetone in his hands and it spills all over his face.

"Oh my god, Denki."

I get down to his level and scramble to wipe the acetone off of his face before it burns him.

"I'm so sorry are you okay?" I question still rubbing his face with the hem of my shirt.

He starts shaking from under me and I can hear him crying a little.

"Denki."

I say his name and I begin panicking for about the millionth time today.

"Oh my god."

The faster my heart beats the more fervently I try to clean his face. In between my hands going back and forth I see that his face is wet. I grab his face with both hands and lean down closer to him.

"Please don't cry. I can, I can go get water and then I can call someone or I can,"

"Hitoshi."

Denki looks up at me somehow smiling.

"If you wanted to get on top of me you could've just asked."

It takes my brain several seconds to register what he's taking about. I'm inches away from his face, straddling him with most of my chest exposed from lifting up my shirt to run away the acetone. I scramble away from him and my back hits a wall. I grab my knees and pull them up towards myself and hide in the darkness between them and my chest.

Denki POV

After I make the joke Hitoshi stumbles over his own hands and feet while he gets off of me and shuffles away until a wall stops him. He quickly hides his face in his knees.

Shit.

I get off my back and go after him. I try to pull his arms away from where they're wrapped around his legs but he's holding them right.

"Hitoshi."

I call to him and when I do he compacts him self even more. I hear cries getting caught in his throat as he struggles for air. I remember earlier in the stall when he started breathing like me when I was close to him. I can't get his head unburied so I start deliberately breathing in and out loudly so he can hear me. He continues struggling but his grip on himself loosens enough so that I can remove his head from in between his legs. I put my forehead against his and keep breathing.

After awhile he stops shaking and I hear him ask, "Are you okay?"

I smile and nod. It's nice to know he cares.

"Are you?"

He bites his lip and nods looking away from me.

"Sorry."

"Chill, you're fine man."

"Are you sure you're okay you're eyes are really red."

"Oh yea," I wave my hand at him and sit back a foot or two away from him on my feet, "I had my contacts in and barely any got in my eyes anyway."

"Oh." Hitoshi responds.

"Anyway, did it work?"