The Boy With the Lightening Tattoo

Tuesday October 9, 7:30 AM- Yamada Household

"Toshi, wake up," I hear my Dad's gruff voice in the distance.

Then I feel his hand on my head.

"Wake up my love," he calls again.

I groan unable to make words yet. His hand moves from my forehead and pushes back my hair.

"It's time to go."

"No," I resist my voice scratchy and slow.

"If you don't get up Papa will come in here."

I shoot up still exhausted.

"I'm up."

My dad smirks then leaves my room. I grab my uniform that's sitting in the corner from yesterday and throw it on.

I walk downstairs and Papa is already harassing my dad.

"It's too early for this," he grumbles.

He turns around with two cups of coffee in hand. He hands one to me and I plop down in a seat at the table.

"I made cinnamon rolls!" Papa exclaims when he sees me.

Dad and I both glare at him for being so loud and he apologizes. He sits down with us and places a plate of the rolls on the middle of the table. I take a sip of my coffee then let my face hover over the cup as I swallow to bask in the warmth. I place down the mug as I reach for a roll and I see my dad doing the same thing with his coffee.

"You two are unbelievable," Papa comments his mouth full of food.

"Ew close your mouth Papa."

"Why?" He questions sarcastically opening his mouth wider.

"Daaaad," I whine to my father.

He puts down his mug with a huff. He reaches towards my father and places one hand under his chin and one on top of his head. He forcefully closes his mouth then kisses him. While their lips are planted together Papa swallows.

Dad then gets up and dumps both of our coffees into thermoses.

"Let's go Hitoshi."

I grab my stuff and as Dad and I are putting our shoes on Papa tosses a bag of snacks to him. He catches it without even looking.

"I love you," is the last thing the two of us say before leaving the house.

We both hear him call back "I love you too".

8:00 AM- UA High school, Class 1-A

I wave to my Dad as I walk into the classroom pretending like I didn't just see him a few minutes ago when he dropped me off a couple of blocks from school.

"Everyone sit down class is about to begin." A guy with glasses vehemently commands.

Most people pay no mind to him and barely spare him a glance before returning to their conversations. But when my Dad asks everyone to sit they immediately do.

"Today we're-,"

"Wait!"

A distant voice yells.

Everyone turns their heads to the door as footsteps approach in haste.

"I'm here!" The voice yells.

Right after that a short boy with long and messy yellow hair and a dark lightening tattoo across his face with stumbles in. He immediately trips and falls directly on his face. He doesn't even get up before there's a scowl on his face a his finger is accusedly pointed at me, well the girl behind me.

"You people," he spits.

She tries to stifle her laughter but the other two boys from yesterday join in and start snickering.

"You're late Kaminari," my Dad states plainly.

"Tell them why Ashido."

She stops laughing and throws her hands up defensively.

"Don't look at me. Those two idiots started it," she defends.

Still refusing to stand up Kaminari paces his chin in his hand and raises an eyebrow.

"It was Bakugo's idea," Kirishima states while Sero continues laughing.

"I don't even know you extras," he says annoyed with his feet propped up on the desk.

"I don't care who did it," my dad slightly raises his voice getting peeved, "Kaminari get up and all five of you have detention."

"WHAT?!" Kaminari screams leaping up. "LOOK AT MY FACE MAN. LOOK!"

My Dad has zero sympathy on his face. It actually looks like he's holding back a smirk. The giant lightning bolt tattoo was a little funny though.

"Go wash off your face, then sit down."

"It's semi permanent," he basically cries.

"I might be able to get it off," I offer actually feeling bad for this kid now.

He turns to me and once we make eye contact his eyes go wide.

"Oh my god."

At this point my Dad has given up and is on the floor cacooned in his sleeping pack with the snacks Papa got for him.

"Guys," he whines looking to the class, "Why didn't anyone tell me the new kid was so hot."

"Wha-?" I try to question as I feel my entire body heat up.

Kaminari places himself on top of my desk and starts saying something to me. All I can hear though is my heart beating and the eyes of everyone on me.

I look to my Dad as I begin to panic. He tilts his head slightly towards the door and I run out. The first bathroom I see I run into and lock myself in a stall. Tears form at the edges of my eyes while I try to catch my breath. All I can focus on though is what everyone is thinking right now. How they think I'm weird and that I should be embarrassed and they wish I hadn't come.

"Hitoshi?"

"Papa?" I call back.

"Hey kiddo."

He grins goofily at me as he crawls under the stall.

"The floor is so dirty," I laugh at him still crying a little.

"Well I guess you're dirty now too."

He engulfs me in a tight hug. I place my head on his shoulder and cry.

"Want me to sing you a song?"

"No Papa."

"Are you sure? I have time."

"No-,"

"Do you ever feel like a plastic bag."

"Papa please no," I beg trying to pull myself out of his embrace.

"Drifting through the wind."

"This is not happening."

He ignores me and continues singing purposely off key.

"Wanting to start again- come on son sing it with me- do you ever feel."

"I'm leaving you."

As I leave the bathroom and make my way back to class I can still hear him singing in the bathroom. I still feel like crap but it's bearable now thanks to my dad.

I re- enter the classroom and waiting there to greet me at my desk are two pieces of paper.

The first one is a detention slip from my Dad with sorry written in the corner of it. Under it is an obnoxiously bright yellow sticky note that I'm sure everyone around me can see. It says

sorry :(
guess we're detention buddies now :)

This kid is.... a lot.