Surge

Trigger warninggggg-
-self harm
-substance abuse

The Night of the Fight- Denki POV

Shit.
As Hitoshi walks away from me this strong red hot feeling bubbles up in me. I can feel it travel through me and to my limbs. I let out a huff as the feeling as gets more intense. I grab my phone, the first thing that touches my hand, and chuck it at the ground. It crunches loudly and I can see from here the cracks on the back of it. I pick it up and blindly shove it into my pocket. The cracked glass slices my fingers. I walk back to my house and enter through the back door to the basement which I made sure to leave unlocked.

I slam the door and as I'm in my room and standing still I can feel that uncontrollable feeling in my chest again. It feels like I need to run. Like I need to move. I go over to my bed and scream into my pillow but the feeling still remains. My hands clench and unclench. The feeling gets stronger and surges through me all at once. My hand raises all on it own and hits the wall at full force.

After it makes contact I pull it back towards me cradling it close to me chest. I start to cry. It hurts. Everything hurts. Why can't he just love me?

I flop down on my bed and sob. Screams sneak their way out of my throat as the burning feeling inside of me keeps growing and pulsating inside of my chest. It surges again and I randomly kick out my leg to relive the feeling. It collides with my night stand and another wave of pain shoots through me. But I'd rather this than whatever this surge inside of me is. I just want it to go away.

I get up from my bed. My toe hurts where it hit my table. I walk into my bathroom and go into the medicine cabinet. I pull out my bottle of sleeping pills. Three shouldn't be too much.

I take them all and get into bed, not bothering to get under the covers. I feel myself start to calm down. The surging is gone. I'm still upset but I'm better than I was before. It's not long until I feel myself start to drift off.

~

"Denki? Denki! Denki Kaminari!"

I feel a sharp smack on my face.

"Ow," I say groggily.

I open my eyes and see my mother and Kihito standing over me.

"What?"

"Do not 'what?' me Denki. Do you have any idea what time it is?"

"Yea it's-," I get cut off when cold water gets poured directly on my head.

"What the fuck!"

"Denki!" My mother scolds.

"Taiyo!" I yell at my sister who just threw freezing water on me- while I'm in my bed none the less.

"Denki do you have any idea what time it is?"

"No?" I say confused.

I'm used to the girls waking me up rudely, but not my mother. She's usually at work before I wake up.

"It is 10 o'clock AM."

"Shit."

"Denki!"

My mother scolds again.

"Oh my god what!" I finally snap.

Usually I take the yelling but today I just can't. I just woke up and I already felt like I got hit by a bus in my heart. I can't handle this too.

My mother looks at me with big eyes and dilated pupils. She raises her hand and slaps me hard on the mouth with the back of her hand. I feel a sharp pain, but what really hurts is that my sisters are just behind her laughing.