Chapter 47

Started- ????
Published- 12/30/23
Edited- 12/31/23

"Oh my god Denki!" Mina shouts from her seat laughing.
The rest of the usual culprits join in.
"I sometimes wonder how a kid that clumsy got into the hero course," Kirishima chuckles.
"Denki, are you okay?" Shinsou asks with a light laugh.
There's no response.
"Is he dead?" Sero asks laughing some more.
"His eyes are open," Bakugo points out.
Shinsou gets out of his seat and crouches by him, rubbing his back.
"You okay?"
Nothing. He looks in his eyes. They're glassy and empty.
"Denki..." he trails off.
He notices a red stain in his blonde hair leaking onto the floor. Shinsou gasps and scrambles back heaving. Everyone starts to swarm over.
"All of you move," Aizawa says running over.
He kneels down next to Denki.
"Shinsou grab his other arm," he commands trying to hoist the boy up.
Shinsou stays gasping.
"Shinsou, his arm," Aizawa repeats.
Shinsou stays still, the only thing that moves is his chest as his frantic eyes survey his collapsed partner with an unwavering but unseeing gaze. He's dead.
"Shinsou!" Aizawa yells.
Kirishima gets down and helps Aizawa lift Denki back into his chair. Todoroki descends to Shinsou's side and helps him up.
"He's not dead Shinsou, he just hit his head."
Shinsou looks right past him, and keeps his eyes focused like a beam on Denki as Aizawa talks to him.
"Kaminari, look at me. What happened?"
Denki's eyes move slowly to Aizawa's and he weakly shrugs.
"Did you eat this morning? You just collapsed."
Denki's neck gives out and his head flops to one side. Aizawa props his head back up, pats his cheek, and checks his pulse.
"Someone go get recovery girl now," he says sternly.
Across from them, Shinsou pushes tears out of his eyes while he hyperventilates further.
"Shinsou, it's ok, he's okay."
His lips and fingers start to go numb. He still tracks Denki and only Denki.
"Look," Todoroki grabs his hand and puts it to his own chest, "look here. Look at me. It's not going to help anyone if you pass out too," he slightly smiles. "Just breathe like me."
Todoroki keeps Shinsou's hand on his chest and breathes in and out slowly.
"Look," he repeats.
Shinsou rips his eyes from Denki and to Todoroki's face.
"There, he's okay. I promise he's okay."
Shinsou nods and keeps breathing in his nose and out his mouth.
"Thanks," he says still somewhat out of breath.
"Yeah."
"Todoroki," Aizawa calls, "if you're done, help me with this bleeding.
Shinsou sucks in a sharp breath.
Todoroki goes over quickly to Denki.
"Jirou, give me your scissors," Todoroki demands.
"Why do you just have scissors?" Sero asks as she hands them over.
"Read the room idiot," she responds.
Todoroki cuts of a peice of Aizawa's scarf and presses it to Denki's forehead. He doesn't even wince. Todoroki lifts the scrap to look underneath. Just a small cut, one that would bruise and turn a whole rainbow of colors in a day or two, but just a small wound from the blunt force of his fall.
"Shinsou. Look. He's okay."
"I'm fine," Denki suddenly slurs out.
He gets up suddenly and immediately falls over with a ready Kirishima catching him.
"Bring him over here," Recovery says from the doorway, Mina at her side.
Kirishima lifts him up and places him in the wheelchair.
"Iida, stay with the class. I'm going with him."
And then they leave.
Shinsou tries to go with them but Iida stops him.
"He is going to be well taken care of with Mr. Aizawa. Don't you worry Shinsou."
"I'm going with him."
"I don't think that's a great idea..." Sero says.
"Me neither, we should all just stay here until we hear how he is," Midoriya says.
"I can't just leave him." The class stares at Shinsou. "He didn't leave my side when I was hurt. Why should I leave him?" Everyone stays quiet and keeps looking at him. Mina sighs.
"Denki is dumb as hell." Everyone shifts to look at her. "He doesn't really get worried. And when he does he's still just, I don't know different. He's light about it. I think if you were to go with him, Shinsou, you would worry yourself. I like badly," she shrugs. "And Denki probably thinks he's just I don't now. Tired right now. Hell be cracking jokes as soon as he's fully awake again I'm sure. But with you he might you know. Take things more seriously..."
Mina does not connect eyes with Shinsou the entire time she speaks as she rambled in circles talking around her main point.
"Yeah, you'd probably freak out and pass out too, then that idiot would pass out again," Bakugo states plainly.
Kirishima glares at him.
"He's rude but he's not wrong." Sero says. "Just stay here with us."
Shinsou relents and lets out a breath he didn't know he was holding. Todoroki puts a hand on his shoulder and Mina and Sero settle in chairs next to him.
"Do you need anything?" Kirishima asks.
Shinsou keeps his eyes focusing on the ground and shrugs.

What he needs is Denki. To be with him. To see he's okay. To help him and be with him until he's okay.

——

"We need to get him to the hospital now," Recovery girl says panicked as soon as she takes his vitals. His blood pressure his low, heartbeat quiet, and breathing shallow.

"I'll drive," Aizawa immediately volunteers.

"No call an ambulance. Now."

He does as demanded and dials for the paramedics. Denki sits limply in the chair on the precipice of awakeness and sleep.

I feel like my body is a fishbowl. My hands and legs don't feel like mine. And I'm tired. I feel like I couldn't even move my eyes if I tried. I can't understand the conversation right in front of me. Aizawa keeps asking me questions I think. But I don't know what they are. I can't focus on his face. It's blurry and lumpy and I just look at the wall. The white plain wall. It's so easy to see. The cinder locks coated in thick white paint. The more I stare the more they change. They start to move. Rings appear that pulsate in and out and around like fizzy tie dye with a mind of it's own. I look at it. I reach for it. Soft and warm. But now I'm back in the hallway. I see eyes looking and me and mouths speaking. I'm laying down now. And then Shinsou. I think he's crying.

By the time the paramedics get Denki into the ambulance, he's asleep and Aizawa is quietly worrying in the corner. On the way to the hospital he messages the school and his husband. Hizashi ended up taking Shinsou home to rest and All Might taught class for the rest of the day while Aizawa stayed at Denki's side in the ER.