Chapter Thirty-Seven

Before I start, I’d just like to address the Newton tragedy. I was horrified when I heard about it; I was in the middle of class and I started crying, honestly. It was a truly terrible, inhuman, senseless act of violence. Those twenty children and six adults should’ve been at home celebrating Christmas with their families yesterday, instead, they are in heaven. I hope that all you Americans try to help, to push for stronger gun laws. My hands are tied because I am Canadian, but please, if you are American, do something. Contact you local government representative; start a petition, do something to help.

RIP <3

“This is heaven.” I said in awe.

We were standing in Rockefeller Centre and I felt as if I was floating through cotton candy clouds. There were shoes and clothes and everything I loved everywhere I looked. It was like Christmas had come early.

“Well start shopping! You’ve got a nice paycheck to spend!” Lily laughed.

“I don’t know where to start…” I said, looking around.

“Well I know. I’m going to Forever 21. Coming?”

“Yes!” I exclaimed, hurrying after her.

I immediately loved the stores’ décor the moment I walked in. There were cute chandeliers hanging over the clothing sections with beads on them. I adored it.

“I need some new crop tops. It’s so much warmer here than in England.” Lily said, flipping through the racks.

“I know!” I said, grabbing a couple shirts, “I need a lot more casual clothes. Maybe just some tops and a couple skirts.”

“You don’t need to get anything fancy? No dinner dates with Mr. Styles?”

“We haven’t actually announced our relationship yet Lily.” I said, walking around.

“Well he’ll take you out to a lovely fancy restaurant soon and there will be papparazi so you’ll have to look good!”

“I don’t really want our relationship to be in the spotlight; Harry doesn’t either.” I said.

“There will always be people taking pictures though,” Lily said.

“I know,” I sighed, “I understand that that will always happen, but I’m not going to let the media impact our relationship.”

“I give massive props to you; I could never date someone as famous as Harry, or even be best friends with them; I wouldn’t be able to take the rumors or the media.” Lily said, holding a black top to her chest.

“He’s just Harry to me. He’s still just that boy with big dreams.” I smiled to myself.