Chapter Forty-Nine

*whispers* hi

PLEASE DON’T KILL ME FOR NOT UPDATING JUST READ I’LL EXPLAIN IN THE AUTHORS NOTE AT THE BOTTOM 

___________________________________________________________________

“When we get back to the hotel, you aren’t leaving your bed for the rest of the day.” Lisa said to Drew, who was sitting in the back seat next to her. 

“But Lisa!” Drew pouted, “I want to explore LA some more!” 

“You can do that later, right now we’re following the doctor’s orders. Do you want me to call Mum and tell her that you’re disobeying me?” Lisa threatened, a light tone in her voice. 

Drew’s eyes widened; our mother could be pretty terrifying when we challenged doctor’s orders. Trust me, I had tried it once when I was ten and had broken my finger, and I had been grounded for a week. Oh, what a horrible week it had been. 

“No, no, that’s okay, I’ll stay in bed, I promise! Just don’t call Mum!” Drew muttered the last part, obviously displeased that he was stuck in bed. 

Harry chuckled at our antics, and for the first time since this situation had arisen, we all laughed. 

Fun and games was the last thing on my mind though, I was beyond furious, though I tried to keep that hidden from everyone; they didn’t know what I knew. 

After we arrived back at our hotel, and Drew was lying comfortably in bed, I was a girl on a mission. To say I was mad would be an understatement; I was absolutely enraged. I could care less about what Mackenzie did to me, but she had gone and messed with my brother, and that angered me immensely.

I had told Harry that I needed some time to think, and he understood that I needed some time to myself. He was one of the most understanding people I knew, and I loved him for that. 

My peaceful thoughts about Harry only lasted for a few moments before my anger for Mackenzie hit again. My blood was boiling, and I couldn’t wait to get down to her room to give her a piece of my mind. The thought of her spilling my life story to the press may be terrifying, but there was no way in hell that I was going to let her get away with what she did to my brother. 

No. 

Fucking. 

Way. 

When I reached her room, I knocked loudly against the door, not caring about how much noise I made. The door was pulled open, and a smirking Mackenzie stood there. Her hair was combed and she was holding her purse, indicating that she was going somewhere.

“Oh, Jenna, hello!” she said, her voice chirpy and fake. 

“What the hell is your problem,” I started, my tone venomous, “I could give less of a damn about what you do to me, but now that you’ve messed with my brother, I will ruin you.”