Chapter Eight

This story made it into the second round of the 1DWattyAwards! I AM SO FREAKING HAPPY. It will absolutely make my day if you guys voted, so just click the external link, and then all you have to do is type in Then and Now into the box! Simple :) Sorry it’s so short, but I’m really busy so it’s pretty much a short chapter or nothing until next week or the week after. I LOVE YOU ALL! XXXXX

Enjoy!

________________________________________________________________________________

We exited the elevator, and were immediately in a reception area. You could tell that this floor was completely made of meeting rooms and offices for the labels executives. There was a middle aged woman sitting at a chestnut coloured desk, a bluetooth set in her ears, and her fingers quickly typing away at an expensive looking computer. There was a glass door behind her, with the name, Simon Cowell, written on it.

“Hola Shelby!” Louis said, walking pass her.

The woman, Shelby, looked slightly annoyed, but gestured that the boys could enter the office. I felt incredibly nervous as we walked through the doors. Harry gave me a reassuring look, and squeezed my hand. I hadn’t even noticed that he’d grabbed my hand in the first place. It felt nice; comforting, even.  

“UNCLE SIMON!!!!” Louis, Niall, and Harry chorused excitedly as Zayn and Liam stood back, acting more mature.

I spotted the intimidating music mogul sitting behind his desk. His head shot up from what he was doing when he heard the boys’ shouts, and a smile spread over his face. He didn’t look as intimidating anymore, he actually looked friendly. I guess he was different in person than he was on The X Factor.

“Hello boys!” He said.

“What’s up Uncle Si?” Niall said, walking over to a mini fridge in the corner.

"I'm wondering if there will be any food left in fridge in a few minutes." Simon said. 

“You won’t.” We all said, as Niall looked stuffed his face with a sandwich.

Simon then seemed to notice me, and looked confused to why I was there.

“And who is this young lady?” he asked.

“I’m Jenna Matthews. I’m friends with Harry.” I said brightly.

“Just friends?”

“Yes.” Harry and I said at the same time.

“That’s what they say, though I doubt they’ll be saying the same thing in a month.” Zayn said, plopping down in a chair.

I felt my cheeks heat up at Zayn’s comment. Of course he had to say that.

Simon smirked. “Why are you here, though?”

“I invited her,” Harry said before I could answer, “She’s studying design at London U and I thought it’d be cool for her to see what the design floor’s like.”

“Okay then. We better get to confirming the set list. It shouldn’t take too long.” 

Simon pulled a few sheets of paper from a folder on his desk and handed them to each of the boys. “If you have a problem with anything, tell me.”

Harry pulled me to a black leather couch and we sat down on it. I glanced at the set list as Harry stared at it intently.

I should probably get tickets when they go on sale. The boy’s voices were beautiful, and I’d heard they were even better live than they were on their album.

“Looks good!” Louis said, handing Simon his sheet back.

“Yup.” Niall said, stuffing his mouth with some crisps.

“It looks great!” Zayn said.

Liam and Harry said similar things while they handed their sheets back.

“That’s it then.  You’re free to leave.” Simon said, pushing the papers back into their folder.

“Thanks Uncle Si!” Liam said as we exited the office.

We went back into the elevator and immediately began speaking.

“See! That wasn’t that bad!” Harry exclaimed to me.

“It wasn’t, he doesn’t seem that bad.” I said.

“Have you ever seen the movie Devil?” Louis says randomly, “The elevator gets stuck and—“

“Shut up Louis.” We all glared at the elder boy.

Niall couldn’t be happier when we exited the elevator. Small spaces scared him already, and Louis’ partial story made him terrified.

“Where we off to now?” I asked once we were in the van.

“I don’t know. Somewhere.” Harry shrugged.

“You’re no help at all, Styles.”

“I failed geography for a reason, love.”

“Then how did you pass your driver’s test.”

“I smiled at the instructor.”

“Cocky much?”

“Can you two please stop flirting? I want to sleep.” Zayn said, with his eyes closed.

Niall, Louis, and Liam burst into laughter while I just felt a blush spread over my cheeks. This was the second time I had blushed in ten minutes. Damn. I really needed to stop.

“We’re going back home.” Liam said, after he’d finished laughing, “I’m going out with Danielle, Zayn will probably go to sleep, and Niall wants to eat.”

“And I’m going to visit El!” Louis said excitedly.

“El?” I asked.

“My girlfriend, Eleanor.”

“Oh.”

“I’m just going to hang out, watch some films. Want to join?” Harry asked me.

“Sure, why not?”

“You two in a flat all alone? Make sure to use protection; we don’t need mini Haz’s running around; one’s more than enough.” Louis said.

Zayn and Louis seemed to love making jokes like that.

“Louis!” Harry shouted.

“What? It’s my job to tease the hell out of you.”

“Both of you shut up. You can argue later. I’m still trying to sleep.” Zayn said.

We spent the rest of the ride within minimal arguing, and reached the boys complex with no injuries.

“Well I’m off. Bye.” Liam said, and jogged over to a waiting car, which I assumed Danielle was in.

“I’m going to meet El then! Don’t do anything I wouldn’t do!” Louis said, jogging off.

“That doesn’t leave many restrictions Lou!” Harry shouted at his retreating figure.

I turned to see where Niall and Zayn were, but saw that they were gone. I guess they really wanted to get to their flats.

“Let’s go then!” Harry said, and pulled me into the building.

An afternoon with Harry in his flat, looking at films. Nothing could possibly go wrong, right?

_____________________________________________________________________________

Answer to last chapters question: I’m fourteen!

Question: Are you all okay with the speed this story’s going at?