Chapter Thirty-Five

DON’T MURDER ME FOR THE SIDE IMAGE OKAY I APOLOGIZE FOR THE FEELS IN ADVANCE BECAUSE OH MY GOD HARRY’S GOING TO MAKE SUCH A GOOD DAD ONE DAY

 _____________________________________________________

I sat on the couch in Harry’s suite, nibbling on a chocolate chip cookie. Harry and I had managed to bake them and not get into a food fight, for once. They tasted heavenly in my mouth and the chocolate chips were nice and warm. Harry was lying down on the couch, his head in my lap. He looked tired, but I couldn’t blame him with how demanding and stressful his job was.

“You should try to get some sleep.” I said, running my fingers lightly through his curly hair.

“I can’t. Lou and Tom are coming in with Lux today. Tom’s taking Lux back once the tour starts, and Lou only stays for parts of the tour. I promised I’d baby-sit tonight so Tom could take Lou to some fancy restaurant for dinner.” Harry replied, his eyes closed.

I sighed, “You need some rest. I’ll cancel my trip with Lily and help you look after her.”

“I don’t want you doing that; you deserve some down time.” He replied, opening his eyes partially.

“You deserve some time to rest more than anything. I don’t mind, really, I’ve wanted to meet Lux for a while.” I said, smiling.

“You sure? She’s a handful.”

“Positive.”

***

“Hello Harry!” Lou said, entering the surprisingly clean hotel room.

I was sitting on the couch when they entered, and I hastily got up after Harry, since he shot towards the door.

“Hey Lou! Where’s Lux?” Harry asked, excitedly.

“Forgot about me?” Tom laughed, entering the room holding a blonde haired baby.

“Hey man.” Harry chuckled, holding his arms out to Lux, “Hi Luxy! What have you been up to?”

Lux excitedly held her arms out to Harry, and he hugged her, “Pwane! Sweep!” Lux said, her baby voice not allowing her to pronounce certain words properly.

“Hello there! You’re Jenna, right? Harry’s told us so much about you!” Lou said, pulling me into a hug.

“Good things, I hope.” I said chuckling as I hugged the petite woman.

“I’m Tom,” her husband said, shaking my hand.

“We’ll pick her up in the morning, okay? We might get back too late.” Tom said, putting down Lux’s supplies bag, “You know what to do, Harry.”