Chapter Seven

Alexandria's P.O.V

The drive back to the factory was nearly silent. I gazed out at the window, my violet eyes highlighted by the passing traffic and rain.

It had been a little while since the Resupply. I should be calmed down, numb to it all...but the sheer terror I felt just wouldn't go away.

"You got your guns," I broke the silence. "Got my ammo, and everything else we need. What's the next step?"

"I'll tell you," He gave me a suspicious side glance. "If you calm down. I can see a tiny shake in your arms."

"Well, yeah, you nearly killed us!"

"We're fine, ain't we?"

"Physically..." I mumbled, sinking low in the leather. "So? What's the plan?"

"An old war buddy of mine by the name of Gunner, knows somethin' we don't. While you were out scopin' the area, Micro reviewed the Zubiar Assassination me and my buddy were a part of. He thinks Gunner has some more intel on Rawlins. You'll get your answers soon, I promise."

"Yeah...at least, I hope so. He's on the list, so he's got to be important..."

"What is it with you and that list anyway?" He swiftly turned the steering wheel into the garage, slowing the car to a lurch.

"...It's...just something I'm not ready to talk about..." My hair fell over my eyes, hiding their violet shine from his gaze.

He turned the keys and took them out of the ignition.

"Understood. And hey," From the shift in the leather seat next to me, I can tell he leaned to the side. To me. "Bein' out with you wasn't...terrible. Kinda enjoyed myself, up until I had to pull that Agent out of 'er own car."

"Right back atcha, Castle..." A smile flashed across my face. A slip through the cracks.

My mental wall...it was breaking. I didn't want to admit it, but it was.

He was breaking through...I couldn't let him go any further.

"I-I'm going to get out of the car, now..." The door clicked, and creaked open.

"Wait." His hand wrapped around the top of my arm. Electricity burned where he touched, sending charges and chills down my entire body.

Castle's hands were rough, there was no doubt about it...but when he was being gentle, they had a new softness to them.

I...didn't want to leave him.

"What is it, Frank?"

There was a burning fire within him.

He wanted to say something, but...just couldn't get the words out. I've been there before.

Badump. Badump. Badump.

Quiet, my pretentious heart. Before he hears you.

Digging into his pocket with his free hand, he silently pulled out what looked to be a new scope.

He swung it around, leaving it before me in a loose grasp. The red glass adorning the front of it wasn't cracked. Not a scratch on it, actually.

"Frank..."

"Go on, take it. I got the guns, you just wanted the supplies...'member?"

My touch grazed over its blissful new feel. It was everything I wanted, and more.

The center of my curled fingers brushed passed his palm, another current of electricity running through me. Through us.

Our eyes locked again.

"Micro probably needs help lifting the machine gun..." I commented.

"Oh, right. Sorry, I was a little...preoccupied." He let his touch fall off me. I was now allowed to leave.

The door to the car slowly swung open...and I left.

I left reluctantly.

__________________________________

I hadn't slept in several days.

It was nice...I took sleep for granted. Honestly, my body was so tired from a lack of it.

It was impossible to get around. We all need rest.

But it's ruined eventually.

Jolting awake was more painful than it sounded. It was like actual electricity, shocking you to life again. Or, at least for me it was.

Everything good has to end. It always does.

My legs flopped over the side of the bed. Ugh, my body was absolutely refusing any physical extortion, but I couldn't just lay around like a bum all day.

I mean, I could. However, I wanted to see Frank. See how far I could push his buttons, antagonize him a little bit...or, just talk.

I haven't decided yet.

The pep I had was a rare thing to see in me. Maybe he would like seeing me happy...

"Frank?" I called for him. No gruff tone, snap, or a witty remark. Nothing. "Micro, have you seen Frank?"

Lieberman was busy tinkering with the AK-47. He looked...annoyed? Maybe even angry.

"He went to:'see my wife'. His words, not mine."

My pace halted.

"Is that where he goes when he disappears?"

"Yeah," He let out an exaggerated sigh. "They've become close. He's been like...a replacement for me, ever since we've started this entire operation. Castle said he was just fixing a headlight, but I can never know with that guy."

"...Oh..." Is all I could muster.

I was right all along.

He didn't need me.

Castle had already moved onto another.

I should be relieved, knowing that all of it was just a fisaude he put up. But...I wasn't.

A new feeling surged deep within my soul, something totally different than what I usually feel.

Jealousy.

My fists bawled, knuckles whitening from their pale hue.

"I'll be in my gym if you need me." I pivetted on my feet, headed back the way I came.

I'm such an idiot.