Chapter Thirty-Two

Alexandria's P.O.V

Madani's office was dark. I sit upon the desk, tapping my fingernails in a synchronized pattern. It becomes white noise after the first couple of moments alone.

It wasn't the fact Madani was minutes away from opening that door...but the fact Frank was alone...against so many foes. It was wrong, I should be there helping him!

Deep down, I knew this was helping - but it doesn't mean I had to like it. And I don't...at all.

Oh well, I had to focus on the task at hand...just, half-heartedly.

The sound of heels clicking against the floor made me perk up. Game face on.

There was no one on the level except us...it had to be her...

Her silhouette coasted the glass...and soon, a subtle twitch was on the handle.

The door opens, and at first, I can only guess she doesn't notice me. I was the shadows, and they were me...so, a simple overlook was expected.

Once the door was closed, and the light was switched and banished the shade...we locked eyes.

"Madani."

She stayed silent, maybe to stifle a surprised scream or yell of fury...but if looks could kill, I'd be dead.

A twitch in her fingers, it was easy to guess she was reaching for a weapon. Unfortunately for her, I had already gotten to the hidden pistol.

"I've already been through your office, Agent," Her pistol is effortlessly spun in my grasp. Once I'm done with my small showboat, its thusly placed on the smooth desk. "I'm here on behalf of Frank Castle."

Instead of answering, she continued to study and observe - and glare daggers. It wasn't hard to imagine that frigid and serrated metal sliding across the throat in a fetal slice.

"So...I'm here to tell you everything-"

"I want Castle to do that. He needs to answer for Zubiar and Russo."

"Well he sent me," I snarled. "But don't fret, we'll be meeting him at a rendezvous point."

"It's funny..." She said in a tinge of sarcastic laughter. "You actually think I'd be okay going anywhere with you."

"Fine, then. Don't. However, I hope you'll be okay with the thought of Russo walking the streets as a free man..."

That, caught her attention.

"I want him behind bars."

"Frank and I want him underground." I state simply.

"Of course you two do."

"So does Lieberman, to an extent...and I don't know about our other partner. Probably not, he's very noble in that regard. While we're on the topic of Mirco..." I dropped my glare from her piercing eyes. "His family...they've been captured. We think Russo and Rawlins are behind the entire thing, a way to draw Frank and I out from our hidey-hole."

Her expression softened, but never left its hostile territory.

"...Lieberman gave me the lead on Rawlins, Zubiar...everything," She huffed in defeat. "So, I'll help in any way I can. But don't think for a moment that I trust you, or Frank Castle, or this mysterious third party..."

"Understood-"

My phone buzzed, rattling in my pocket. Instinctively, I reached for it and slid open the screen...my heart skipped several beats from the sight of the text.