Chapter Twenty-Four

Author's note:Work Song, by Hozier

This is one of my favorite, if not, the favorite chapter I've written so far

Enjoy :D

DISCLAIMER:THE LYRICS AND SONG ARE NOT MINE! THEY BELONG TO HOZIER AND HIM ALONE-

__________________________________

Alexandria's P.O.V

Thunder cracked above the factory. It shook the very foundation we rested upon, and startled me awake.

A flash of bright light filled the room, along with another boom. The lightning must've been close...I just hope this old place can hold up if it takes a hit.

Or a strong gust.

I began to stir, but it was all in vein. Frank's arms were wrapped so tightly around me, there was no hope of escape.

He grumbled as I moved again, keeping his face buried in my neck.

"You stayed." His lips grazed over in a soft peck - and soon, I'm effortlessly pulled onto his being. Castle was so...incredibly warm.

"Of course I did. You needed me." I whispered, gliding my palm down to where I could feel the beat in his chest. It was strong, alive, powerful.

Did it beat for me?

He moved from my shoulder, ember now locking with violet. That wildfire never smoldered, orange hues flickering with every flash from the storm.

"Well, good morning..." I ran the hand closest to his hairline through it. Just something to smooth down that morning bed head.

"Good mornin'."

"How'd you sleep?"

"Better with you. Did I..."

I knew what he meant. The ache in my arms wasn't anything anymore...I could still feel its presence, but not enough to bother me.

"No," My lips softly pressed on the bridge of his nose. "You didn't."

"Even if it was only once, it - when I heard that whimper...out of my girl..." Castle's early in the morning voice cracked into a pained snarl. "It made me hurt in a way I've only felt select times in my life. Maybe Red's right...maybe I'm worse than the monsters I put down-"

"Stop." I said in a stern and commanding voice.

"Ain't it the truth...? C'mon, Alex, we both know it's true."

"Frank, as far as I'm concerned, you're a hero! A hero who saves more lives than he takes. A Soldier, who served his country with the best intentions in mind," The scars on his chest and body marred him with Lady Memory's horrible embrace. "And finally...a man, betrayed and casted out. Believe it or not, but YOU are more than what you describe yourself as."

His expression was definitely surprised. Borderline shocked.

"Is that what you really think of me...?"

"Do you want me to say more...?"

Castle had a smile flash across his face, an idea crossing his mind.

"Nah...actually," He looked over to the guitar, nodding over to it. "I think I've made you wait long enough. And what you said - it might've changed my mood."

I giggled slightly, recalling what I said a few days ago. He remembered, at least.

As he rose up, I'm taken with him. Thusly, I pull out of his grasp to retrieve the instrument. Its shadowed color and seamless texture is pressed into my touch, and I pick it up. The strings are hard and cold, but I don't mind.