Chapter Twenty-Seven

Author's note:This chapter will be a little longer than most

Can You Feel My Heart, by Bring Me The Horizon

_____________________________________

Alexandria's P.O.V, a few days later...

The bombings were getting worse.

Everyday, we wait for an opportunity...just anticipating a slip up, or something to give us a clue to his next location.

And then we got it.

Ms.Page had an interview with Senator Ori, which we could only guess would be the bomber's next target. It was a guaranteed strike.

Just...when? We had no idea.

It was four in the morning, and we pull into the back of the building. Matt had arrived with Ms.Page, and I could only assume he tailed her into the building.

Daredevil always finds a way to protect the people he loves. Just like Frank.

Speaking of Frank...

"You ready with your pistols?" His growl snapped me back to reality.

"Yes." I don't look his way, surprisingly, and simply pull over me wood.

The armor on my black sleeves settle in, the white speckles on them blinking in a slow manner. I feel his eyes scan me up and down, examining everything.

The chestplate reached right at the start of my stomach...it had a metallic back to it and everything, but it didn't matter to him.

"If you get shot durin' this-"

"Calm down, Frank, I won't get shot." The pistol in my hand clicks as the magazine is set in place.

Suddenly, my wrist is seized.

"For my sanity, get a mid-section set on your outfit. Please. Your stomach is open, meaning all those vital organs are exposed."

"Okay, Frank. In the near future, I'll make sure I get an armor plate...for your sanity." The last part was a small mock.

"I'm serious. You die, I die," He opened the door, sliding out. "Let's just get this over with before that becomes an imminent issue."

"Lead the way."

My boots hit the concrete hard, as I hurried over to his side.

"I'll go in through the crowds," He zipped up a blue jumpsuit, and slipped a hat over his head. Blue was...not his color. I'd always imagine, if he wore anything other than black and grey, that it would be a red...or purple. "Meet me on the top level where the interview is. We get in, we get out."

"Understood."

"And Alex?" He pulled back his pistol, and placed it underneath his pockets.

"Hmm?"

"Don't do anythin' stupid."

"Copy that..." I chuckled, it dissipating into silence as I got further and further away from him. The shadows become my cover, become me...and I begin my infiltration.

_________________________________

It was early in the morning when we had arrived, so for the most part, I was hiding in the room next to the one Karen and Ori was.

Slowly, I began creeping out of the room. Just enough to where the ANVIL operatives would never know I was here. Hmm...something was wrong.

You know that feeling? When something was about to go down, and you were about to do something incredibly stupid?