Chapter Thirteen

Alexandria's P.O.V

My stitching was hard to fix, nearly impossible. It burned, and tore...Micro's stitching looked like he was desperately trying to put me back together rather than sew it shut.

I took in a sharp breath, finally shutting the wound properly. Or, as properly as staring at my back through a mirror will get me.

The thread was tied and cut. It brought me some relief - physically, that is.

I rushed out of my room, passed the kitchen, down the hallway...and finally entered his living quarters. Once again.

"Punisher?" I called. No response.

Trying again, I approached the cot...only to be met with an anguished expression. Frank was drenched in sweat, his hand lolled to the side and in the bucket.

"FRANK!" My shriek echoed through the factory. I grabbed onto his shoulders, shaking the man frantically. He mumbled something incoherent, and struggled to keep a consistent lock on my eyes.

Castle was saying something. Something important.

Something to me.

This arrow needed to come out, and it needed to NOW.

It would cause a lot of damage, but he was already at death's door - just waiting for it to be opened. Well, I wasn't going to let him leave...not yet.

"This is gonna hurt, I'm sorry..." A set of fingers wrapped around the arrow head's remaining pole, while the other hand held his shoulder down. "Are you ready?"

"W-Wait-"

"One..."

"A-Alex...d...don't..."

"TWO..."

His eyes widened, terrified.

"ALEX..."

"THREE-"

Just as I was about to yank the arrow out, the garage door flew open. A blue, beat up car raced down the runway, and screeched to a halt soon after.

Micro stepped out of the car, motioning for whoever was inside to follow.

I assumed that this was Curtis.

"In here." Micro led Kurtis into the living quarters.

They took one look at the position I was in and immediately began to freak out.

"WHAT ARE YOU - ALEXANDRIA, LET GO OF THE ARROW HEAD!" Micro snapped at me.

I let go of the arrow, and Frank finally took a breath. The sheer relief that flooded his face spoke volumes.

"Yeah, let the professional here handle the arrow, please." Curtis stepped between Frank and I, examining the wound and such. "It's deep in there. He's lucky we got here just in time, or else the lady here might've caused even more damage."

"Oh, uh...sorry..." I shyed away.

"Hmm...this ain't good."

"W-What isn't good? We gave him antibiotics and medicine."

"You did, but it's just making it worse. His body can't handle the foreign bacteria and battle the antibiotics at the same time. Frank's fighting a losing battle..." The man named Curtis ran a finger over the wound, pulling it slightly to see the extent of the damage.

"Is there anything you can do?" I asked, worried beyond belief.

"Mhm. The arrow can't just be pulled out, but it can be removed from the back. He'll be alright, but we'll have to be fast. Help me move him to the island in the kitchen, I'll be able to operate there."